Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck only came with one key. I'll need a second one for the wife. Am I going to get bent over by the dealer here because these things have a chip in them? Anyplace on the web have them cheaper?

·
Registered
3,570 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet! You rock! I have an XE KingCab.... no chip for me! hehehe. Very nice. That's a load off for sure. Thanks again for the info!

(note to others out there... don't be stupid like my wife and I were. when at the dealer for a used titan, make sure you ask about additional keys and negotiate for extras if there's only one!)

titanss said:
Do you have a XE, LE, SE, KC or CC? XE KC does not have the chip in the key, any locksmith can make a key to open and start the truck. The XE CC and all other models have the chip and has to be programed for your truck. I have a XE KC Perfered Package and had keys made cost me $2 per key no chip. Check out my thread.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/47995-chip-keys.html?highlight=chip+keys

·
Registered
147 Posts
SirKeats said:
Sweet! You rock! I have an XE KingCab.... no chip for me! hehehe. Very nice. That's a load off for sure. Thanks again for the info!

(note to others out there... don't be stupid like my wife and I were. when at the dealer for a used titan, make sure you ask about additional keys and negotiate for extras if there's only one!)
Yep, I said I'd need an "extra set" both lock remote and key. The dealer finally coughed up the $150 for both.... and I don't have a wife anymore....lol I keep the extra remote at home, and the key in the truck for when I go duck hunting or canoeing. (so my remote won't get too wet)
Steven

(opps, I just looked it up, since I didn't pay for it, I forgot it was $225 for parts and labor for the two!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts