Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a lot of searching and I know that the Titan doesn't seem to fit 10" wheels very good. I'm thinking 4" might not be enough. Maybe around 6" to fit with no rubbing. Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Dirty said:
I've done a lot of searching and I know that the Titan doesn't seem to fit 10" wheels very good. I'm thinking 4" might not be enough. Maybe around 6" to fit with no rubbing. Does anyone know for sure?
What rims and what tires? If you're willing to do the pinch weld mod and can find a rim with a 5.5" backspacing, I would think it would work with a PRG level kit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swarren1 said:
What rims and what tires? If you're willing to do the pinch weld mod and can find a rim with a 5.5" backspacing, I would think it would work with a PRG level kit.
I'm leaning towards the 33x13.50 Xterrains on a 18x9 with 5" back spacing and a 4" spindle lift. All of the 10" wheels I've found are 4.5" backspacing.

Here's another question. Do the spindles increase the track width of the front end? If so, how much?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
With a spindle, probably even 4.5" is necessary for that wide of a tire, (to clear the spindle). But the further out you go, the more likely you will need the pinch weld mod.

Of course being a 33" instead of a 35" diameter tire is going to help. Also, depending on what size rim they spec'd the 13.3" tire width on, it might be narrower. BFG states to subtract .2" of width for every 1/2" less of rim width ... so if it was a 10.5" rim and you get 9" rims, they would be about 12.7" wide.

I know someone with a PC 6" lift and 35x12.5x17 BFG Mud Terrains that had a little rubbing at full steering lock, with Moto-Metal 951, 9" wide w/4.5" b.s., but the pinch weld mod solved the problem.

I think I recall the track increasing slightly from the spindles, but don't know for sure ... anyone?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts