Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm in the market for either the new Tundra's, or a 2007 Titan. I drove both and like both of them just as much. The Tundra has an AMAZING backseat room with crewmax, but the Titan was smoother on the highway. Gas mileage in the Titan sucks A$$, but I think I'll survive. Anyways, the reason why i would chose the tundra over the titan besides the back seat is because of the fresh styling that's good for ATLEAST another 4 years. I know the Titan just had a face lift, but how much longer are they going to keep the body?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I believe the all new Titan will be here for the 2009 model year. It will be an all new truck. I think the Titan looks great on the outside. Personally I think the Tundra looks too bulky and weird on the outside. I also do not like the interior of the Tundra. I've heard it's controls are hard to reach and the two color center stack has got to be the weirdest looking feature on this truck. You have drove it what do you think?
I know the Titan will be much better off road if you get off the beaten path at all. It still has the most ground clearance of any full size. Also, when you are considering both look at the PRICE difference. I have been told dealers will not part with the Tundra for much less than MSRP. You can probably get a loaded Titan for THOUSANDS less. Remember the 5.6 in the Titan is standard while the 5.7 Tundra carries a large fee. Good luck with your purchase whatever you decide.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If I were to guess it would be in 2009. There was suppose to be a HD titan and a diesel released that year. So why not and overhaul. Just my my guess.
The tundras are nice, but I got more bang for my buck with my Titan..:gossip:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Like everyone is saying, 2009 we should expect an all new Titan, but I love how mine looks. Hell...GM/Chevy went how many years on the C/K body style? Talk about long in the tooth! My 89 GMC was about the same as a 97.
I have driven the Tundra, and being a graphic desgner, looked like it was desgned by a first year design student. Just not a very pleasing design inside.
To me the outside proportions of the Tundra are way off as well, and just look off to me. Honestly, it looks like they stretched the IS250 up and out like gum.
There are way too many things that annoy me about the new Tundra for me to even think about it as a serious contender for my money. If you like it thats all that matters and you will be happy no matter which way you go. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really liked the Tundra. The turning radius was excellent which was a plus, and like i said the rear seats could slide forward about a feet and tilt back to almost 45*. The downside was that the suspension was really stiff and the highway ride was rather uncomfortable. I got quoted for 31,129 for a crewmax with the 5.7. That's about 1% over invoice.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
One thing about the Titans back seat is that you can fold the seat bottom up, which gives you a huge amount of room for hauling cargo in the cab, you can even fit a mountain bike in the back with the seat folded up where the Tundras back seat can not be folded up, I've heard 09, or 2010 for a body change.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, you guys got me. Just came back from the dealer. I got a 2007 SE Crew Cab with a few options for 23,157. Manufactur rebate plus dealer rebate. I am 18 years old so I signed as a first time buyer with a 10.3% and traded in my Scion tC for the down. I just hope I don't regret this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah^ i have no credit so it was a first time buyer program... My parent's said it was fine to start building credit so I went with it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sp3cialed said:
Well, you guys got me. Just came back from the dealer. I got a 2007 SE Crew Cab with a few options for 23,157. Manufactur rebate plus dealer rebate. I am 18 years old so I signed as a first time buyer with a 10.3% and traded in my Scion tC for the down. I just hope I don't regret this.
Great choice! Wish I could have had a Titan at 18.. I think cars were made of wood back then..

Good luck!

BTW, build up a little credit and get a lower rate.. shouldn't take long.

·
Super Moderator
159,625 Posts
And when you get a little credit built up, apply for a gas card. You'll use it quite a bit. :lol: I'm serious though. Get one of the ones that doesn't let you carry a balance so you have to pay it off every month.

BTW, nice choice!!! Welcome to the boards! :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
By the way word on the street is that the tundra owners aren't getting as good a gas milage as expected . Just thought you should know you made the right choice.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yeah i drove a tundra yesterday and i didnt feel the power they claim, it turns a little sharper then the titan but w/e i like the design to be honest.. its big and awkward and i guess i just like it but i watched the video and the reason behind the body style was so people would know that your driving a tundra from a mile away. the dent in the tailgate is ugly, the dash is ugly as well... the man at the dealer (moms close friend) told me that the tundra will beat a srt10 ram off the line easly which i do not beleive. ive never driven a srt10 but i doubt it...also i think the tundra is over priced and toyota stole the best parts from every truck like the easy lift tailgate, roll down rear window (titan) "more" horsepower and more towing then any truck... if you plan on towing 10,800 pounds a half tons not in the market for you...i would never tow that much in a half ton even it they claim it will... also they stole the biggest brakes from nissan making theres like a half inch bigger... the 6 speed tranny is very nice though and the bed payload.. i guess you can say its the ultimate half ton but ill stick to my titan... because i dont exactly want the "badest" work truck out there.. lol sorry for the long post...

·
Registered
969 Posts
09/10

i am sure they will delay it or if it comes for 09, it will be a very late 08

1 - 16 of 16 Posts