Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the door speakers with component speakers and powered by an amp. The question is just what the title says, how much deadening material is enough but not overkill. I am looking for the happy median that will make a better sound but not wanting to tear the truck completely apart to install it everywhere. If everyone would be so kind to share thoughts and possibly where to place it all. Thanks and I will compile then are my material.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I put all inside the red circle in the back. Haven't done the fronts yet, but I figured about the same area around the speaker is good enough. If you don't get that thick of a material you can always double up.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, guess I was under the impression that it went behind the speaker, but you are suggesting to cover the door underneath the plastic panel. Very interesting, good thing I asked!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
The speaker's going to vibrate whatever it's bolted to. As far as I know you can't get behind the speaker unless you reach through the hole so good luck trying to get stuff behind that.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I always sound deaden both the inner and outer door skins. The rear wave of the speaker will bounce off the outer door skin degrading the sound quality. Applying a 12" square piece of deadening material will help to minimize this. If you can apply material to other parts of the outer skin...great, but getting access is normally an issue.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I covered the full door skins and the panel the speaker mounts to. I also covered the back of the door trim panel.
After all this I got rid of the rattles and resonations..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts