Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I have two more questions:

1. How much weight is safe to put on the tail gate? My concern is when I use blanks to load heavy furniture, 4 wheeler, etc... I don't want to damage the tailgate.

2. I've read several posts on XM radio but I still confused. Can you or can you not get XM factory installed?

I hope to get my Titan as soon as an estate issue is settled! :bouncy:

·
Registered
129 Posts
The instruction sheet that came with my bed extender said that the maximum load on the tailgate was 200 pounds. This seems to be a very small amount.

I use an XM Roady. My radio has a SAT button which I don't use. Nissan makes an oem XM box. If it can't be installed, why would they make it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I seem to remember reading that the max weight for carrying loads on the tailgate with the bed extender is 200 lbs. Not sure if you can exceed that while loading/unloading but it seems likely that anyone would, in normal use.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Albert1234 said:
The instruction sheet that came with my bed extender said that the maximum load on the tailgate was 200 pounds. This seems to be a very small amount.

I use an XM Roady. My radio has a SAT button which I don't use. Nissan makes an oem XM box. If it can't be installed, why would they make it?
Sorry to sound ignorant, but I am regarding the XM. I don't understand the phrase "XM Roady" Also, what is an oem XM box? :teethmast

·
Registered
35 Posts
Delphi XM has the Roady XM model and a larger Sky-fi XM model for auto mobile use. I prefer the Sky-fi myself. The SKY-fi is a bit more versitile in that it can be used in the XM boombox and home kit. They both have the same sound quality.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Albert1234 said:
Hopefully this is a CYA statement from Nissan. At 210 lbs I wouldn't even be able to safely step on the tailgate. I can tell you I have had more than twice that amount on my '93 SE-V6 with no problems. Maybe the 200 lbs is for 'load while moving' where the instantaneous force could greatly exceed 200 lbs if you hit a bump or something?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts