Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont really know much about the rear ends at all to be honest. And i dont think I've ever gotton my diff oil changed. Im about due for another oil change and I have around 43,600 miles. What type of oil and weight should I use?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
87 Posts
thats what i was going to do at or before the 30k mark. it all has to do with your use/abuse of the vehicle to determine your fluid change interval. obviously the more you do it the better, but it also costs more.

so you have to weight how often you use your vehicle and what kind of use its doing. i would lengthen the service intervals if you were doing a lot of highway driving and only start the truck under 5 times a day. if your doing a lot of hauling and towing or doing a lot of stop and go then your intervals would be shorter.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I checked the differential fluid level one week after I bought it on Dec.03,2005, and I have no intentions of checking it or changing it till the owners manual says it due. Once a week, I visually look for any leaks or wet areas, and that takes about 20 seconds to do.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well I dont have a 4x4, but I have around 43k miles. All ive gotton done was an oil changes. What all should I get done when I get the oil changed again? Ill be going in a few weeks or so to get my oil changed again. Thanks

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah thats probably a must being all ive gotton done was a simple oil change and have 43k miles. Anything else? Also what type of oil and what to use for what?.Thanks for all the help so far ppl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts