Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look up the specs on Nissan's web site and I find overall height of the 4x4 listed as 76.6 inches.

My question is, would that be with or without the off road package, that I believe ads an extra 0.8" over the regular 4x4?

What I really want to know is if a KC 4x4 with the off road package would fit in a parking ramp garage that is rated at 7 feet clearance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quad T said:
I look up the specs on Nissan's web site and I find overall height of the 4x4 listed as 76.6 inches.

My question is, would that be with or without the off road package, that I believe ads an extra 0.8" over the regular 4x4?

What I really want to know is if a KC 4x4 with the off road package would fit in a parking ramp garage that is rated at 7 feet clearance.

My LE CC 4x2 (no off road) does fine in my parking garage where the clearance sign says 6 feet 11 inches. Went really, really slow the first time, though . . .

·
Registered
497 Posts
you can definantly make it with a few inches to spare.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tbeecher, that was good!

Hey thanks guys I sure hope so. I remember the first time I drove my '95 4x4 KC into a 6' ramp garage, talk about going slow...

·
Registered
52 Posts
went to the mall today. The garage said 6' 6", I was about to give up and go park on the street when some came running up to me and said I had plenty of room. Sure enough I made it through. Pretty nerve racking though. Any less than 6 and a half might be pushing it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
geece1 said:
My 4X4 SE KC is just over 6'4" so 6'6" and up is my rule.
I am going to take an extended test drive this Sat. on 4x4 SE CC and I going to see if it will make into my work garage. think the garage limit is about 6' 5" or so. :teethmast What difference would the XE wheel and tire size make? I would take a XE 4x4 CC if they had electric windows, there are times I want to open back windows while I am driving or close them without stopping.

·
Registered
92 Posts
talltom said:
I am going to take an extended test drive this Sat. on 4x4 SE CC and I going to see if it will make into my work garage. think the garage limit is about 6' 5" or so. :teethmast What difference would the XE wheel and tire size make? I would take a XE 4x4 CC if they had electric windows, there are times I want to open back windows while I am driving or close them without stopping.
I forgot the CC XE does have electric windows, but the KC doesn't. But it does not look like there is any height diff. between SE & XE.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
talltom, good luck, keep us posted.

The only place for me to park at work is an above ground concrete ramp garage. I consider myself lucky because the structure is about 10 years old so it is "new" and was built to 7' clearance. Thanks to this great forum I'm not so scared anymore about my future truck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quad T said:
talltom, good luck, keep us posted.

The only place for me to park at work is an above ground concrete ramp garage. I consider myself lucky because the structure is about 10 years old so it is "new" and was built to 7' clearance. Thanks to this great forum I'm not so scared anymore about my future truck.
It fit, but barely. I went on a Sat with nobody in the garage, I wondered about the turning radius, they can really stack the cars in the garage and along the walls. I am tring to get a deal I like on the truck, hopefully I can close a deal this weekend.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is such great news...

I know what you mean about turning room. The good thing is I'm one of the first people into the garage in the morning, and as I often work well beyond 5:00 lots of people are gone by the time I go home.

Tall, good luck on the workin' a deal thing!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Panda said:
went to the mall today. The garage said 6' 6", I was about to give up and go park on the street when some came running up to me and said I had plenty of room. Sure enough I made it through. Pretty nerve racking though. Any less than 6 and a half might be pushing it.
I can tell just by that statement that you don't live in South Florida. Around here people would watch you wreck your truck and laugh at you as they walk away. :hahafu:

I hate mean people!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts