Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to invest in a canoe for the first time and was wondering what is the best way to go about carrying it in my 07 Crew Cab Titan. I thought I recalled Nissan selling a rack for the utilitrack equipped trucks but I just looked and couldn't find it for sale. Should I plan to let it hang off the back with the tailgate up/down? Not sure what the exact length will be but it will probably be something like a 14 foot....enough for three people.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just tow around an old boat trailer set up for my canoes and kayaks.

·
Premium Member
75,544 Posts
Thule makes a system that works with the tracks.

The best bet for the overhead rack is check the buy/sell forum. I'm honestly not sure if they still make them or not. AMP research made all the accessories for the utilitrack system so they may be able to help as well.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Reactions: Nivlac

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have a ladder rack that I had on my 06. I used it for years served me well. I decided to go this route and I'm selling the ladder rack. It can bolt through the rails or when I used it on my new titan I used truck cap clamps worked great.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I put it in the bed upside down. One end goes into the corner of the bed on the drivers side and I angle it so the other end is parallel with the passenger side of the truck. I make sure to put a flag on the end sticking out and drive very carefully keeping an eye on everything around me. I'll eventually invest in one of these:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Infi...QSWa6IXWfNw8NKz9GIFLnxoCUrjw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

·
Registered
137 Posts
is this really for the 2016 titan? getting tired of this lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts