Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Thanks, do you mean the write-up or the conversion? lol The conversion wasn't that bad once I sat down and went through everything. Having a gas soldering iron really made life easy working in cold temps. Just have to watch for the heat port or things tend to catch on fire.
lol, definitely the write up...

Reactions: davepjr71

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No, I bought memory mirrors and put them on my truck using the directions I've posted.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have one quick suggestion for the wire routing issue lots of people run into. Tie a string to the connector so when you remove the mirror the string follows the correct path for the wiring. When installing the new mirror, use the string to pull the new connector and wires back through the correct path. I have used this method twice with no issues.

Hope if helps.

Mark

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have one quick suggestion for the wire routing issue lots of people run into. Tie a string to the connector so when you remove the mirror the string follows the correct path for the wiring. When installing the new mirror, use the string to pull the new connector and wires back through the correct path. I have used this method twice with no issues.

Hope if helps.

Mark
You are 100% correct. I will add. I remember telling a fellow TT guy that but forgot to add. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This thread helped my install a ton...but just wanted to throw this out there, I used the factory plug off the non-tow mirrors. With a needle you can pop all the pins out of the two different connectors and plug them back into their spots on the new plug. It's a little bit tedious but it skips having to hack off the old plug. I googled how to remove the pins, and came to a VW forum I believe that had a nice side view of a ground down plug and the approach you need to get the pin to pull out.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you. Great addition. I thought about doing that but was going to sell or pass on my existing mirrors.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts