Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I browse the net for another Titan, is there an easy way to tell if it's FlexFuel or not?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I thought all 06 and later were FFV???

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
nope its an option and the only way to find out on the titan is looking at the sticker, or gas door...

chevy cars come with a flex fuel sticker on the back.. but we drive titans :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just looked inside my fuel door. It says "Ethanol E85 or Unleaded Fuel Only". I have a 2007 CC 4X4.

·
Registered
178 Posts
On the passenger side, just above the edge of the kick panel is a small silver control unit with a 4 pin plug about 2"wX2"hX3"L that is the FPCM (fuel pump control module). It is only used on ffv vehicles. And between the batery and the fender there is a dropping resistor for the ffv trucks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dropped my truck off a few months back for some work, and noticed on a few of the trucks on the lot there was a Flex fuel decal on the tailgate. Not sure if this started in some '07s or just the '08s. But if is new and there are pics of the tailgate, that would tell you if it is flexfuel just from an ad.

·
Banned
223 Posts
my Titan says Flex Fuel on the tail gate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey
New to TT and enjoying it. Would like to know what is the positive side to FFV? The cost is cheaper but it burns twice as fast from what I have be told. Is it the politics of trying to drive down the cost of gas by having a secondary source of fuel? Or have there been changes to vehicles and they get better mileage out of the E85.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts