Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your secondary visor just fall down instead of sitting at certain angle you want it at. This is how I fixed mine.
(You could also just buy new one, driver's side pn 96403-ZQ00B $70 and passenger side pn 96402-ZQ00B $60)

My first attempt I used epoxy quick set. The minute I went to move the visor it broke again.
So I went with what has work for me before on other projects and that's JB Weld.:D
Let it cure overnight.
Only time will tell if it will hold up but been a couple of days and it's still good.

Couple of notes, in picture 3 you'll notice the rod has a thicker and thinner "guide", make sure the thicker goes to the right. Also there's a flat surface on the rod, that face you if your looking straight at the visor.

1st pic - You can see the rod has broken off the visor
2nd pic - side view of what the visor side should look like
3rd pic - This is how it should look (note there's a thicker and thinner side of the rod, not sure what to call it.)
4th pic - inside look of the mechanism, it basically use tension to hold it at certain position you set it at.
5th pic - now it sit mid way where I set it instead of flopping down.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Baseballfanz,

Mine is doing the same thing but the rod isn't broken. There is just nothing to keep it from flapping down.

I tried bending the metal "seat" to create more friction but it still won't hold. Any ideas?

I also do not see a flat spot on mine.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1366314865.987776.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1366315028.481691.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1366315076.767767.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My secondary visor is also sagging. How did you all remove? I am afraid I am going to break the plastic. Please share some tips. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts