Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Driving home from work last night my ABS/Slip lights came on, and low and behold when I got home my 4x4 wouldn't engage.

Living in the great winter wonderland of upstate new york, I managed to slide off my driveway and into the snowbank. Needless to say my truck is stuck.

Is there ANY way to get it into 4x4 with these lights on? I cant fix the ABS problem without moving it. Have someone coming tomorrow morning to pull me out if I can't get it.

This is why I like manual 4x4.......

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had those lights on, due to bad speed sensor, and also my 4x4 would not engage while running. I was able to turn the truck off, turn the switch to 4x4, then crank the truck... 4x4 would engage! I did this for quite a while, but then that stopped working also. So give it a try. Just this past month I replaced my speed sensor, 4x4 works as normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I tried that and 1000 other things google showed me. I ended up having my father come down with his dodge ram and drag the truck out of the snowbank. Then he got stuck, so we had to get him unstuck, and in the process got my truck stuck again. It's out now. Fun night.

I pulled the codes for the ABS light this morning, I got FR LH Sensor 1 and FR LH Sensor 2 which point towards the sensor reading no or abnormal voltage and the gap between the sensor and the rotor being too great.

Its a good thing I got the truck out, iirc this ones integrated into the wheel bearing. Rears are much easier, especially after changing out the rear end. Keeps things like that fresh in the memory. Sounds like fun in this below zero weather.. man I need a garage. Weird part is, I haven't felt any vibrations from the truck that would point to a wheel bearing.

I also noticed that the sensor that's throwing the code (drivers side if I'm correct) comes back to a small wiring harness, while the passengers side is directly wired. Also weird.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
As I recall, the sensor on the fronts can be replaced without having to replace the hub...but new hubs do come with a new sensor.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes, sensors can be replaced without the hubs. But make sure it was not your hubs that destroyed your sensor before replacing just the sensor.

·
Registered
77 Posts
remember to check the price on the sensor VS the price of whole hub that comes with the sensor. last time I check the entire hub assembly was cheaper that just buying the sensor alone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a code reader that pulls ABS codes.

I'm hearing a light grinding sound, so I went ahead and ordered a new hub. It's been in the negative temps for a while on the days I have off so I haven't had much time to fix it. Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pull the abs fuse under the hood, ur abs won't work and ur speedo won't work and also it won't rack up miles but ur 4x4 will work just fine!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts