Nissan Titan Forum banner

381 - 400 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well just did the mod finally and sucked but wasn't to bad. My headlights came right apart but I'm an 07 and live in the desert so prob helps. Definitely use bleach!!! Make sure you have a container big enough but not so big it takes 10 gal of bleach. I let each one soak like 30 min and sanding the rest of was cake. Also don't use anything abrasive to clean the inside of the lens as mine are now scratched, I used news paper which works wonders for glass and apparently is like sand paper on plastic...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I feel like it would work just fine though.. plenty of people do the chrome bumpers on our trucks and it stays on until they decide to peel it off their self. I think without the elements being able to get to it it would be just fine. And I could always pull the headlight back apart and redo it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone done this headlight mod with the graphite blue paint color? I really like the way it looks on the whites and blacks hoping to do the same to my pro 4x

·
Registered
165 Posts
Currently in the process of this mod myself! Just curious to see if there are any tips on removing the old [email protected] gasket from the 08-14 style lights! This is literally taking forever! Any tools or trucks I can use to help with this???

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Currently in the process of this mod myself! Just curious to see if there are any tips on removing the old [email protected] gasket from the 08-14 style lights! This is literally taking forever! Any tools or trucks I can use to help with this???
When I did mine, pliers and more heat did the trick.

·
Registered
165 Posts
^^^ yep, get the gasket at the right temp and it will come out in one solid piece. That's how I roll. ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Lol well I should've asked before hand because didn't pan out that easy for me. Heated them @280 degrees for 10 minutes and most of it came off fine but there is still little pieces and chunks here and there that are a huge PITA! Thanks for the feedback though fellas. I'll put pics up on this thread when done.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Once you get most of it off would it be faster just to spot heat with a gun pr just throw the B back in the oven

Sent from my Big @$$ phone...

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Haha I steal my wifes crafting heat gun... its pink but works like a charm

Sent from my Big @$$ phone...

Reactions: jbowles

·
Registered
165 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Ok I am doing this currently and up until seeing these pics of yours with painted reflectors I was going to VHT them. Did you have any issues with the blinker shining through those amber pieces? What kind of paint was used on these amber pieces?

381 - 400 of 447 Posts