Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
wanna hook me up? I just need one. how much is he asking?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I can't for the life of me figure out how to pop the corner reflectors out. I got the top brow reflector out but the other isn't going anywhere.

Did u guys have to oven roast em again?
They're such a biznatch I broke one and just used a flathead screwdriver for like 20 min on the other...

Sure you could roast em, but it'll probably do more harm than good...

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
If you break one, can you order just the reflector part from Nissan? I've done headlight mods on previous vehicles so i know how fragile the reflectors can be. They don't like to give, but these? ... they won't even budge. Arg!
Knowing Nissan...probably not they'd charge you for the whole damn housing my guess...but I chould be wrong...if you cant get em off tape em off...its more work but then you wouldn't have to deal with it lol

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
I'm waiting for a set of 2007 headlights to be shipped to me. Wish me luck! I'm gonna skip the sanding process cause Im gonna go for the "dark chrome" look. I have Duplicolor smoke paint and Tamiya smoke paint. Hopefully one of these will stick to the "chrome" housing. If attempt fails, I'll just paint them black.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I'm waiting for a set of 2007 headlights to be shipped to me. Wish me luck! I'm gonna skip the sanding process cause Im gonna go for the "dark chrome" look. I have Duplicolor smoke paint and Tamiya smoke paint. Hopefully one of these will stick to the "chrome" housing. If attempt fails, I'll just paint them black.
I tried for sh!ts and giggles with VHT nightshade...about as far epic fail as you could get...I sprayed and it drained off hahahaha:bangit:

best of luck, that would look SO killer if it worked!

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
I tried for sh!ts and giggles with VHT nightshade...about as far epic fail as you could get...I sprayed and it drained off hahahaha:bangit:

best of luck, that would look SO killer if it worked!
I spoke to turbocad6 (resident mod guru @ infinitiscene.com) He also mentioned VHT. He said to spray the chrome housing with window cleaner then soap and water and dry with microfiber. I'm thinking this will help the paint adhere better. I also have Duplicolor adhesion promoter spray ( if needed) Ill keep you posted Ry.

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts

Here's my "dark chrome" attempt.

I used Tamiya hobby paint (smoke) but VHT can be used also.

The first few coats are almost overspray. I painted the amber lens with a chrome paint before spraying everything with the tint spray. I like the result but I'm still going to wrap the headlight with a smoke overlay.

Ry, For your next set try skipping the sanding process. Start with very light coats or use duplicolor adhesion promoter spray.

·
Banned
465 Posts
If you break one, can you order just the reflector part from Nissan? I've done headlight mods on previous vehicles so i know how fragile the reflectors can be. They don't like to give, but these? ... they won't even budge. Arg!

nope there is a diagram showing that you can but I have called and you cant you have to buy the entire light asymbly!

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK! so i sucked it up ,after suckin down a few beers i baked my lights,now 6 hours into it, the final coat of clear is drying! Alot of work, be carefull with the reflectors, take your time as they are brittle, alot of sanding and some paint fumes to accompany my beer buzz. all in all im happy with the progress!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just wanted to say my lights turned out great! sealing the first one was kinda tricky cus i got excied and impatient, with my second one i realised its much easier to bend the locking tabs back in place while the plastic is still hott before putting on the gasket maker and lense.also its much faster if you get the pressurized tubes of gasket maker,the squeeze tubes take way to long and its cheaper than buying a bunch of the little squeeze tubes.I didnt have any bungie cords around so i used some ratchet tie down straps and let em sit out side in the sun for the day yesterday and installed them this morning!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Just wanted to say my lights turned out great! sealing the first one was kinda tricky cus i got excied and impatient, with my second one i realised its much easier to bend the locking tabs back in place while the plastic is still hott before putting on the gasket maker and lense.also its much faster if you get the pressurized tubes of gasket maker,the squeeze tubes take way to long and its cheaper than buying a bunch of the little squeeze tubes.I didnt have any bungie cords around so i used some ratchet tie down straps and let em sit out side in the sun for the day yesterday and installed them this morning!
Fantastic buddy! Get some pictures up! =D

·
Registered
12 Posts
[URL="http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv9/onelowtruck69/titan

·
Registered
258 Posts
this is my next project...

·
Registered
370 Posts
subscribing

·
Registered
80 Posts
anderson or rybo,
I have the halo hid black lights off ebay a lot of people have and hate them... the light output sucks there very cheaply made...i dont have the time to do this or an oven...If i paid to have my oem light shipped and paid for materials would you guys hook me up with this? Anderson is a lot closer in VA..but rybo has more experience it looks like but then again anderson said his lights turned out sweet. Please guys this would look bad a** on my truck...Btw i am starting not to like the halos or the led's on my headlights bc its not a bimmer or an audi lol...let me know guys thanks...

41 - 60 of 447 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.