Nissan Titan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
i really want to do this....so i guess its safe to say sanding is optional?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey man,
Missed you at nottys house for the meet! I really wanted to see a lifted titan. I have a pro comp 6 and a prg leveling kit and cant decide which way to go). Anyway, i did my lights about a month ago, pm me if i can help with anything!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey man,
Missed you at nottys house for the meet! I really wanted to see a lifted titan. I have a pro comp 6 and a prg leveling kit and cant decide which way to go). Anyway, i did my lights about a month ago, pm me if i can help with anything!
Hey man, I'f I can get my hands on another set of lights, can u hook a brother up? I'm in Bel Air, not too far from Del...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey everyone .. I've been wanting to do this for a while. This is def one of the best visual mods you can to do for the T. Really changes the look of the front end. I live southwest AZ and I havent seen anyone else with this mod so it really sets u apart.

After doing this I have a few suggestions for anyone considering.
1. Use black gasket maker (I wasnt thinking about it and I used blue - not noticeable but its there)
2. I sanded the housing but there are a few areas it is almost impossible to do a decent job sanding .. so if I was to do it again I wouldn't sand it
3. I got the paint matched ($18.50 at a local paint store .. If anyone wants to know Galaxy black color is called G10 .. its on the door frame sticker) well it looks good but you cant tell through the lense that is matched .. so I would suggest spending a few less dollars and use a generic flat or gloss black
4. One 4oz can of spray was exactly the right amount of paint .. so try not waste any
5. The orginal directions uses 2 tubes of gasket maker but I ended using 3 (which almost wasnt enough)
6. 300 degrees for ten minutes worked awesome for me .. the gasket just peeled right off

Thats all I could think of. I hope I helped someone.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I've been at this all day. Not exactly hard just a very long process. I can't wait until they are done tomorrow!:redblob"

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I want to try this mod, but I am too worried that I am going to be the one person that F's up and won't have working headlights.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I was nervous baking my headlights but nothing happened. I'm just waiting for the paint to cure now. I just decided to paint the reflectors instead of VHT them. I may have to wet sand them after this coat I think I got a little ambitious and it started to run a little bit on the reflectors.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I was nervous baking my headlights but nothing happened. I'm just waiting for the paint to cure now. I just decided to paint the reflectors instead of VHT them. I may have to wet sand them after this coat I think I got a little ambitious and it started to run a little bit on the reflectors.
If you didn't have to wet sand the reflectors, how much downtime would you estimate for the entire project?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
If you didn't have to wet sand the reflectors, how much downtime would you estimate for the entire project?
Expect to spend pretty much an entire day. I'm still not done. I still have to put them back together. Its not that difficult though. Just time consuming. Getting the light and housing apart didn't nearly take as long as I thought it would. I got it off in like 5 minutes. Just make sure its nice and warm otherwise you have to stick it back in there and soften up the gasket. I had to with my first one. The second one was a breeze. Sanding the chrome off is the time consuming and crappy part. Some guys dont do that apparently though so that would save some time. Most the time is spent waiting for the paint to dry though.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Did everyone actually wait 24hrs after painting to put them back together and then ANOTHER 24hrs after putting them back together to install them again?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Did everyone actually wait 24hrs after painting to put them back together and then ANOTHER 24hrs after putting them back together to install them again?
Did you get it to work? I bought a set today in Buy/Sell so I wouldn't have any down time. After that, I am going to polish up the stock lamps and put them up for sale.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Did you get it to work? I bought a set today in Buy/Sell so I wouldn't have any down time. After that, I am going to polish up the stock lamps and put them up for sale.
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,216 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Nice! I can't wait to work on mine.
Let me know if you need help. I'm sure you don't, but if do I can stop over. Well except this weekend I'm going to the Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Let me know if you need help. I'm sure you don't, but if do I can stop over. Well except this weekend I'm going to the Grand Canyon.
Where in Peoria are you? I'm at Cactus and Bullard (Litchfield) in Surprise.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
The only problem I am having is that I am laughing so hard at some of the stuff in this thread that I am shaking the bed and managed to wake up my wife who wants to know what the heck is going on as it is 1:30AM EST I'll just blame it on Loraine that milkaholic in the morning :domohit:

·
Registered
585 Posts
forgive me if i am wrong but the headlights changed at some point if i find some older headlights with the clear lens on the turn signal area will they fit my 08.5 pro4-x my turn signals have an amber colored lens i think... i need to double check to make sure i am not seeing things

81 - 100 of 447 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.