Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got a black titan and iam tired of spending 20 bucks a week to get it washed what product waxes etc do you you guys use to keep it clean

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hands down...

www.zainobros.com

Follow the application instructions and or tips & tricks and I promise your car will look just like those in the pictures. Stuff lasts longer too since you mix the product yourself. Rain practically washes my cars for me. I pull up to gas stations and people always ask... "how do you keep your vehicle so clean?". :redblob"

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Keeping it clean and maintaining the finish are 2 different things.... Which is more important to you?

The difference in outcome and the time investment is huge.

This is why it always bothers be when people just throw a product at a problem and say it's the best. If you want expert opinion than let's be clear as to the outcome you're looking for.
If not.....

Wash your truck in Kerosene and Simple Green and you'll have the cleanest truck in the Forum.

Reactions: MayhemMOORE

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, when I clean my truck I look for a good mirror finish that helps protect debris and other sh!t from caking on the paint. That way I am not having to constantly keep up on cleaning it. It sounds like he wants something similar considering he is trying to cut down on the costs of cleaning it so thoroughly each week. Not everyone has the money for professional detailing and I think its possible to maintain the finish of the vehicle without dropping a paycheck....tis why I use what I recommended.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I can't think of the name of it, but you get it at RV places. It has something like a 40 SPF in it so that the paint doesn't fade as quick and also leaves a mirrored shine. It's about $20 a bottle (spray).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cutting down on cost??? Hmm... I spent $75 on my last Zainobros order and it lasted me over three years. ****ty up front cost, but in the end its not that bad.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Out of the hundreds of dollars I have spent on detailing suppplies this year one product has really stood our amongst the rest. Menzerna Powerlock sealant, it produces a shine that is undescribable and protects like no other and I have tried many many waxes sealants and others that have coasted me more than a 100 dollars a for an 8 once bottle.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
here are a few things I like to use when i am going to detail the truck.

Wash - Chemical Guys Citrus Wash.

Clay Bar the truck - large clay bar and I use poorboy's world spray and wipe to lubricate the bar.

for paint correction/polishing/waxing/sealing, I use Menzerna products.

I use a Porter cable 7424

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you guys for all the products what type of towels do you guys use or it dosent matter and do you guys rinse your car reall good after to make sure to get all the product off? :ftard:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The turtle wax specifically for black paint is pretty good.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hands down...

www.zainobros.com

Follow the application instructions and or tips & tricks and I promise your car will look just like those in the pictures. Stuff lasts longer too since you mix the product yourself. Rain practically washes my cars for me. I pull up to gas stations and people always ask... "how do you keep your vehicle so clean?". :redblob"
+1 I've used zaino since I had my 350Z. Still use it. Three or four coat applications and I can shave with the Titan finish.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
You can maintain the finish with these products and help the shine and some help to repel or to at least make it easier to clean, but in the end its still going to get dirty.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I used the eagle one gel wax the other day and it was junk! DO NOT get it, it went on hard and came off even harder. Took me 1 hr to do the whole thing and I was wore out at the end and the truck didn't even look all that great. I'll stick with a good wash and turtle wax when dry. Turtle wax has been around for ever and it's still one of the best waxes out there!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Waffle weave towels from detail image are awesome for drying. I also use them for taking wax and sealents off

·
Registered
279 Posts
Best investment I ever made, if you don't already have one, is a random-orbit or orbital buffer like the Porter Cable 7424, as USN HM 350Z mentioned. There are a couple other good brands also, but getting a good one like the Porter Cable or Griots Garage is worth it. You can polish and wax much faster and it does a way better job than you ever could by hand. Sure, good polishes and waxes make a difference, but this machine can make average polishes/waxes seem great. There are several detailing websites with more info than you'ld know what to do with, autopia.org being the most collaborative that I know of.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:) Thanks guys for all your help i am going to wash and wax my car tomorrow using turtle wax product but i did order some chemical guys citrus wash from that link. Tomorrow should be a good to wax because its supposed to be overcast but not rainy/windy/snowy it supposed to be like 50 degrees so im pumped with wax do you need a wax sponge or can use a micro towel or terry towel?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Is waffle weave better for drying than microfiber?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts