1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a how to on mounting the halos and brackets used in my headlight mod

Parts and pricing.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/buy-sell/126454-custom-headlight-mod.html

Note: This only is applicable once the headlight housing is separated. Brackets have not been cleaned up for this how to, They are just used for reference.

Parts:
High strength quick setting model glue
Razor blade
Mrmegnum's halo brackets (6 total)
4 80mm Halos (superbrightleds)

Here is what you will start with. (Mine is still in primer)

Step 1
Take low beam bracket and apply glue to inside of ridge.

Step 2
Slide the bracket with glue onto the bracket holding the cone over the low beam.

Step 3
Cut a hole behind the cone mounting spot like marker in the picture (This is on top of the refector)

Step 4
Run wires through the hole in the bracket and up through the newly cut hole in the reflector

Step 5
Apply glue to rear of halo and stick it to the bracket (make sure to line it up correctly)

Step 6
Apply glue to solid high beam bracket and stick to the rear of the cylinder (Solid one is the one without hole. Bracket should be applied so it is horizontal)

Step 7
Apply glue to the flat side (Not with the ridge) of the other bracket (one with the hole) Then stick directly opposite the first bracket

Step 8
Run wires through the hole and through the ridge on the back of the bracket

Step 9
Place the front cover over the rear housing and light up the halos with a 12v power source and check out your work.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
How are you connecting them so you get power from the truck? I hope these hold up when I go off roading

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Single color I use the power from the small bulb in the corner of the headlight. RGB you need to find a switched power to splice into for the control box. I have the box sit in the rear passenger corner of the engine bay. Thats closer to the fuse box which will have more options.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Did you post a parts list in another thread?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Single color I use the power from the small bulb in the corner of the headlight. RGB you need to find a switched power to splice into for the control box. I have the box sit in the rear passenger corner of the engine bay. Thats closer to the fuse box which will have more options.
Can you show/tell more about how to tap into the power supply?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright so to wire in the RGB controller box you'll first want it in the passenger corner of the engine bay, near the fuse box.

Open the fuse box and read over what components are in there (I don't have a truck to reference from for this part).

It should be quite obvious which components will turn on when the truck is turned on.

Drill a small hole in the cover of the fusebox so that the power wire can run into the box.

The auto parts store should have a pin that lets you tap into the fuse for another component.

Put this on the fuse for the component that you chose.

Run the wire red wire though the hole in the box that you have made.

Connect the red wire to the pin that you put on the fuse.

Connect the ground either to a body ground or another if one is available.

Simple as that. If pictures are needed for more reference I will try to get pics off of my friends truck sometime soon.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yes on the pics. Where does the antenna go. It's infrared so it cant be on the exterior. How did you run that into the cab of the truck if you did?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts