Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
In NH our Senate just passed a repeal of the required permit to carry requirement. Now on to the Legislature for hopefully passage but who knows if the Governor will sign it. I have had my conceal carry permit for more years than I can remember or will admit so either way I'm set.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Love this mod. Clean and easy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
picked up a jeep to replace the beater car i had, installed one in the center console of it too

·
Registered
162 Posts
This one took me about an hour to do. I went slowly so as to avoid a mistake. Total cost including the Lexan scriber is about $20 at Home Depot.

1 sheet of Lexan
1 Lexan scriber
1 package of HD Velcro
1 pk plastic bond

I could have done without the two extra pieces of Lexan on the wall side of the console on either side of the holster screws (I did this in order to gain clearance for the screws heads) because the velcro was so thick but it just gives me extra clearance to get a good grip on the firearm as it sits in the console. It is rock solid.

·
Registered
522 Posts
nice ! doing this...I also have the DVD player - glad a few commented on it working...ordered a blackhawk mount for my XD 9 subcompact.

I'm purchasing the lock'r down box for my 4runner console. (lockr down company is in SAn ANtonio, so i called bob the owner and im stopping by to pick it up this week)

I have found out that lockr down does make a box for the titan, but i have to cut it up to fit around the dvd player and i dont think its really needed since the factory console is already lockable.

im not worried about thieves, im worried about children opening the the console.

-J

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 2017 Titan S has a bench seat with a 40/20/40 bench seat. Center section folds down into a nice armrest/console. Flip it up, and you can flip up the center section of the seat base where there is a "hidden" compartment perfectly sized for a full size handgun.

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
Got mine done...took under 30 min total.

Blackhawk holster uses number #8-32 screws....

The spacers are nylon 1/2 inch long from home depot.

Screws are 3/4 inch long and perfect length with the thin plate. The plate is from lowes and was in the hardware section specialty drawers. If you don't use a plate then you will need washers under the pan head screws to not bottom out the screws into the Blackhawk as the black hawk holster only has so much depth to thread into.

I did have to drill the lower hole in the plate only as the top two holes were perfect spacing and hole size in the plate was perfect for the #8 pan head screws.

-J

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
I purchased a eBay key and had it cut at my local shop...chip is not programmed...its simply a dummy key ready as a lock box easy access key. Used some clear tape and mounted a neodymium magnet to it....will remove tape and use epoxy later but it's fine for now. Used a set of braid nails as my quick garage fix for magnet mounting and some double side 1x1 squares and have this key hidden for lock console access.

-J

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
Extar EP9 ranch carry:

This is while on the ranch quick in and out of the truck driving to each deer blind picking up hunters and checking hog traps and feeders...

Bought a gun yoke and mounted it to local hardware store pergola angle as its rounded and coated and wont cut me.....

Used two brackets total and one at handle base....gonna add a magnet to handle base and magnet inside handle to atract each other and help hold gun in place.

-J

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I installed a Console Vault in my 2012 Pro-4X, which is custom fit to the truck compartment. Gave it my own 3-digit lock code, and I keep my side arm locked in this vault. I don't worry about someone breaking into my vehicle and finding my weapon and stealing it too.

The In-Vehicle Safe Key Features

·
Registered
213 Posts
Extar EP9 ranch carry:

This is while on the ranch quick in and out of the truck driving to each deer blind picking up hunters and checking hog traps and feeders...

Bought a gun yoke and mounted it to local hardware store pergola angle as its rounded and coated and wont cut me.....

Used two brackets total and one at handle base....gonna add a magnet to handle base and magnet inside handle to atract each other and help hold gun in place.

-J
Excellent setup bro, love it.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts