Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again DEATH TO FADED PLASTIC!, well this time rubber.

first off you need to locate the screws that hold the seals onto the door.

they are tucked in under these nifty little stickers.

there they are

the fronts are at the rear of the door, and the rears are at the front of the door

Next you start slowly sliding them toward the center of the truck. (front to the rear, and rear to the front) watch the seals and make sure they dont get caught. once you move them over about 2 inches or so they will lift off. its takes a little work to get them loose.

once you get them off you have this

and this

As you can see, mine are very nasty looking

i also removed the upright trim on the rear doors, but broke both of the clips on them. I put them back on the truck with double sided tape.

I also cleaned the seals very well, front and back (is your tint scratched up? its because these are dirty!!) with some dish detergent and a scrub brush. I dried them, and taped off the rubber squeegee part and the back felts.

I then sprayed them with 2 coats of bedliner, with about 10 min in between. I waited about 45 minutes before attempting to reinstall. This wasnt quite enough as they were still a little sticky and i had to be very careful when handling them.

While i was waiting i installed the tape to hold the trip pieces on. I had to double and even triple stack them to get them to reach the trim.

reinstall is the reverse of removal. so we will skip that part.

here is the finished result.

happy modding!!:redblob"

·
Registered
195 Posts
Im also tired of the back to black mess...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i need to do this. mine are getting gross. good write up!

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Good job Beason, thanks.. I will be doing mine this weekend..

L

·
Premium Member
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi There...maybe you can help..I need what you refer to as the "upright trim". Mine broke off at the carwash. Any advice on where to find?
Im not really sure. you could try Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

Would this work on the plastic piece in front of the windshield? Mine has faded to gray.
yes it will. I have done mine, as well as many other people on here.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...owl-done-bedliner.html?highlight=bedline+cowl

·
Premium Member
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Hi There...maybe you can help..I need what you refer to as the "upright trim". Mine broke off at the carwash. Any advice on where to find?
Part numbers 82287-8S500 (LH)
82286-8S500 (RH)
Always double check pn as they do change

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Looks way better! I need to get some supplies! :)

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Thanks for the writeup!

How are the rear door upright pieces supposed to be removed? Slide up n out? or toward the front n out?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they are supposed to pop strait out on top, and then lift up off the seal on bottom. Both of mine broke, and i couldnt even get the broke tabs out of the clips. there were tight!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts