Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing some speakers and took a bunch of pictures documenting the steps. Here is how to remove the inner door panels.

This is the rear doors, but the fronts should be close to the same.

start by popping this cover off.

and removing the screw underneath.

then removed the trim piece and remove that screw.

now remove this trim. It pops right off.

and remove the two screws behind it.

then remove the arm rest. It clips on, but took quite a bit of force to to remove.

And remove the screw under it.

Next remove the puddle light if equipped, and unplug harness.

Next start working your way around the door, popping the clips out.

there were about 10 of them, the top seemed to hold on a little harder then the bottom.

Once you get them loose, do not pull the panel away very far, there are things on the inside to disconnect.

first disconnect the window switch at the top.

then the tweeter, if equipped.

then remove the lock linkage cable, and the handle cable. They both unclip from a bracket, then you turn the end until it slides out of the socket.

installation is reverse. Make sure you clip those cables into the bracket, or the inner door handle wont work. :ftard:

·
Super Moderator
160,635 Posts
Good info for those of us who might have been a little worried about tackling that without some guidance. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Easy Access

Thanks a lot, just today my driver window started going crazy. Would roll up about a third, then roll back down. Looked up some info, and went through troubleshooting the track, and switch, it was neither, theres a reset button on the window motor then im going to have to hit. Of everything I have done with cars and trucks, I freaking hate taking off door panels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to replace my driver side mirror on myb2004 SE which required taking off the door panel. As I'm putting it back on the screws aren't anchoring. The one by the door handle just sits in the hole with nothing to lock into. Seems like it's just being held on with the clips. Anyone run into this before?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, would anyone here know how to remove that gray/silver piece from the door?? The passenger door of my truck had a big chunk taken out of the paint from only God knows what, so I was thinking about wrapping those pieces on my doors in a different material. If someone could tell me how I could easily remove them to wrap them and put them back on, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! It's a 2015 so the door styling changed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Titan SE quad cab
1 Posts
I will say, very informative. The only part that blows is getting the switch harness off. Whoever designed these clips is a freakin idiot!

Also I found my mirror issue. Someone must have replaced the mirror and cut the wire harness. Plus my window came out of the bottom track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts