Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i see alot of people asking on how to do this and i couldnt find a write up anywhere on how to do it when i did mine so i figured i would do one.

tools you need:
2 heavy duty jackstands
floor jack
3/4 deep well socket
14mm(i think) socket
3/4 wrench
breaker bar
6" or bigger C clamp

step 1:get the truck up in the air and get the jack stands securely under the frame rails infront of the axle then get the tires off so you have room to work.

step 2: support the center of the axle with a floor jack and whichever side of the truck youre working on with another floor jack.

step 3: clamp the leaf pack together with the C clamp and unbolt the u-bolts from the axle followed by the 14mm bolt under the bumpstop holding the leaf pack together. then unbolt the shock from the axle and slowly let the floor jack supporting the axle down and remove the bolt holding in the shock. keep the axle supported with the floor jack

step 4: now slowly take the C clamp off. you are now ready to remove whatever leaf you want(over load or third leaf). i took out the 3rd leaf. i fount it was easier to get the leaf out if you unbolt the clamp with the rubber roller but make sure you do that before you remove the C clamp.

step 5: once you have the desired leaf removed clamp the leafs back together with the C clamp and bolt the leaf pack back together. then bolt the shock back on the axle. jack the axle back up and re-attach the bump stops and u-bolts

step 6: repeat steps 1-5 on the other side.

removing the 3rd leaf gave me about 2" of drop. to me the truck rides better. i always thought the rear was really stiff. this is what it looks like before and after

i hope this helps out whoever is wanting to do this mod. its not hard and i did it with hand tools

Attachments

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Nice writeup!!!

Now i have no excuse not to at least give it a try... :eyebrow:

Reactions: galiath05

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice writeup!!!