Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was washing my truck the other day and had these spots that just didn't seem to want to come off. Well, I just scrubbed a little harder and the one on the hood came off. I was just about to start on the one on the roof when I looked down at the half-dry spot I was working on before and saw my finish was scratched to hell. I removed my wash mitt to do a scrape test with my fingernail on the other spot, and to my horror, I discovered that I'd rubbed a bunch of concrete grit into a spot on my hood!

So now, I have a scratched spot on my hood about the size of a silver dollar, and a concrete splotch on my roofline above my windshield. How do I go about removing this without putting scratches in that location? As for the scratches, I'm going to have the dealer buff those out next time I have the truck in. I don't think any are down to the primer so I should be good with just some compound and a high speed buff job.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You can try vinegar. Sounds weird, but it neutralizes the lime. I used to clean my truck with it when I came out of a lime or cement quarry. Just use a 1-4 solution in water, soak a rag and let it sit on the concrete for a bit. If the concrete is dry it will most likely take several applications. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Wish I had known that vinegar trick. One of my past jobs was as a roadway construction inspector. I had a black S-10 that got splattered with concrete once. I basically had to pick it off then try and get it clean but it didn't work so well. Luckily it was only on the hood/roof.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, the splotch is too thin to use a credit card and it's about quarter-size in diameter. This mixture was heavily sluiced with water. I think I picked them up when I drove under an overpass that was under construction.

I'll try the vinegar trick and report back. Thanks for the tips!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts