Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys i need some help on how to remove the front bumper caps? i hope i don't need to remove the hole chrome bumper. I'm gonna get them repainted so need to remove them. Thanks ppl hope anybody can help:redblob"

·
Registered
496 Posts
You gotta pull off yor grill and headlights to get to the top fasteners. Pretty easy to pull off though.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You gotta pull off yor grill and headlights to get to the top fasteners. Pretty easy to pull off though.
but i should be able to remove the caps only right? not the metal bumper right:bump:

·
Registered
496 Posts
ya, the caps mount over the metal(chrome) bumper

Reactions: salstats

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
496 Posts
anytime bro

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Yea I saw the top fastners the other day when taking off my grill and headlights to put my stock ones back on... A lot of work just to take some bumper caps off.

·
Registered
84 Posts
do you have to take the headlights all the way out to take the bumper itself off also? or just those side caps? Sorry Salstats didn't mean to high jack your thread just wondering.

·
Registered
496 Posts
do you have to take the headlights all the way out to take the bumper itself off also? or just those side caps? Sorry Salstats didn't mean to high jack your thread just wondering.
I'm not too sure about that, I know you would have to at least take the grill off. Headlights come out easy though if you have to.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its kool hard12catch33. and on my old Titan when i dented the bumper i had to replace it. and i remember i didn't take the lights nor the grill off. so my answer would be no you don't. i just didnt know the camps could come off without the bumper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did the same thing a month ago on my 06. I saw the top fasteners and wondered how they came out. So out come all the tools and I start removing the head light and trim piece. It turned out if get under it and look in the right place you can see where the little fastener plugs push right out of the clips. Once you pop them out (you should have enough room on the top if you flex the trim piece up a bit or remove them all together) and then you can flex the bumper cap up and out of the mounting holes on from the main bumper assembly. It took me 35 minutes and the full head light disassembly on one side to figure this out. The second side took about 3 minutes to take off. :) I took both sides to the paint shop even though only one was chipped. It wasn't much more to have them both painted and this way they match. Hope this helps. Reassembly should be a snap too. Just line it up and push in the plugs.

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
My Winch install goes through how to remove the entire bumper. Maybe that will help?

Reactions: SaltyCracker
1 - 12 of 12 Posts