Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some chrome grill inserts from Nissan, but when I started looking at how to install them it looks like I have to remove the grill. Can someone give me a hint at how to remove the grill? I started looking at it and it seems to be a long, tedious job. I'm not a mechanic, but can turn a wrench, but this looks like a bear!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
all you have to do is remove the clips that hold it in place. 4 at the top and i do belive 3 along the bottom. pop the hood and look at the grill. they'll look diamond shape, stick a screw driver in them and turn, once you pop them all out, give the grill assembly a good tug and it will come off. to reinstall, you just pop those little clips off and slide them back in the grill assembly and then slap the whole thing back into place

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Some are hard to get to from the front. I usually turn the four on top, then reach down with a screwdriver to pop/twist the side ones off. The bottom ones usually just come off with a little tug of the grill. No problems so far and I've removed at least a dozen this way. Just be careful. Plastic does break from time to time... :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
It is really easy once you jump into it. I found it harder to reattach all of those clips.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I'll have to take another look at my grill. Actually I was going to do it this afternoon, but I've been too busy trying to swat the bug that crawls around my screen when I view Lon's posts.

·
Registered
411 Posts
baseballfanz said:
In case they do break, here's the part number you will need to take to the dealer, 76882-0M060.:D
Thank god for bbf, I will be heading to the dealership with that part number tomorrow:grunge:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts