Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you remove the plastic bed rails to paint them?

Tired of the faded grey color and wanna paint them without loosing function of my truck for a couple days

·
Registered
369 Posts
Painting them is ok and all, but i use Meguires hot shine tire coat and it has really brought back the color that used to be there. I have an 06 that was faded and i used this product. lasts for about 7 months so far and i wash my truck constantly. Not threadjacking, but its a lot easyer to spray this than to remove-prep-spray-install-chip-scratch-repete.

used it on my cowl. rear bumper step, mudguards, engine cover and bedrails.

But, to answer your ??????

If you look under the bedrails you will see the mounting tabs. Skinny flat tabs. you can either 1. get some long needle nose and squeeze them and push them out or 2. get a flat screwdriver and push on one side at a time to work them out. or 3. try to slowly work them out by pulling straight up oj the bedcap from the top of the bedside.

#1 and #2 are performed from under the bedrail.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man! ill have to check that stuff out

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I replaced my faded bed rail covers for about 75 bucks. Thier are about four or five clips which hold each one on plus a little two sided tape. If you don't have a drop in liner you should have access be able to push the tabs in with a screw driver from the bottom side and pull up one at a time. In my case I was replacing them so I just pulled up and ripped them off breaking all the tabs in the process.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced my faded bed rail covers for about 75 bucks. Thier are about four or five clips which hold each one on plus a little two sided tape. If you don't have a drop in liner you should have access be able to push the tabs in with a screw driver from the bottom side and pull up one at a time. In my case I was replacing them so I just pulled up and ripped them off breaking all the tabs in the process.
you can just buy new ones from nissan?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Yes, thier meant to be replaceable. Check out courtesyparts.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts