Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I just went outside to take a look at the position, and damn that does seem like a pretty tight spot. I then figured since im already out there why not go for a lap around the neighborhood, damn I love this truck.
I did the same thing. lol I just hope I don't have to change the alt or the starter. I had to change an alt in my sons merc cougar a few years ago. holy crap it was a feat in it self just to find it let alone get it out. This is why I still haven't installed my headers. Way too much crap in the way of the thing that will brake and is normal, like starter, alt, ps pump. even the serp. belt. Its not bad if its not your dd but when you have to get it back on the road next day that's when it p u o.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is an eay way to remove the alternator. All you need to do is drop your sway bar. Remove the belt, unbolt the top bolt from above using a 14mm, then take the bracket off of the bottom 3 12mm bolts drop alternator down disconnect the wires. The extract alternator through the bottom. Remember to disconnect battery first, should be common sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So yeah this is major pain in the ***..so we couldn't get top 14 mm bolt out, so put breaker bar on it, gave it two hard pulls and broke the head of the bolt off FML
.any ideas on how to proceed now???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah it does suck..however at least I got the new one in there. It was easier however to force the Alt down into its area rather than trying to force it up and out of the truck.

But I took it for a nicel il drive today, volt meter is not wigging out like before, and truck isn't overheating nor is coolant overflowing into the overflow tank. It went from the MIN line to just a lil bit above the max line..checked it again 20 miles later, and it was back down the min line. So I'm leading to think the alt was locking up or creating too much force thus not turning the belt at correct speeds, thus causing the water pump to not function properly..causing my overflow/overheat issue. ...time will tell.
Thank you got to be changing mine in the morning. Removing from the top got it...thank you again

·
Registered
2 Posts
This looks to be fun to be changing this alternator.. they dont make them like they use to.. sit on the edge and everything you needed was there at your fingertips..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts