Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 crew cab. The drivers seat cushion has lost it's support on the left side so I decided to replace it with a new one. I have the Service Guide and it looks simple enough based on the instructions.

1. Remove the power seat switch knobs and power seat switch
escutcheon (or recline knobs on manual seat).
2. Remove the front seat cushion finisher (inner).
3. Remove the power seat switch screws (or lift knobs on manual seats).
4. Remove four bolts and the seat cushion assembly.
5. Remove the retainer on the seat cushion frame, then remove the harness connector for the seat heater.
6. After removing the seat cushion trim and pad, remove the hog rings to separate the trim cover from the pad and seat cushion heater unit

I got through step 1 without any problems...

Step 2 looks simple enough but I am not able to remove the finisher. Has anyone replaced the foam cushion? Any clue how to get the finisher off?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Mine was done under warranty - and it is starting to need it again. Since it will not be under warranty anymore; I am going to follow the instructions given to you! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi jray, I'm interested in getting the foam replaced on my drivers side seat as well.

1) Were you ever successful in getting the seat cushion replaced?
2) Also, where did you buy the replacement from?

I have a 2004 XE Crew Cab

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
10 year old thread man. His last post was over 6 years ago. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I did this on mine. I used Tasca for the foam. It wasn't real hard but it was time consuming and cut my fingers up some on the seat pan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the response guys! I did find the seat foam part on Tasca and plan on ordering it soon. If I do tackle this project, I'll be sure to try to either take some video of the repair, or at a minimum lots of pics to help other's out.

jdmartin, would love to hear of any other adventures you had with the swap out. Looks like it's doable, but will be a pain to swap out. I just got my truck used this year and it's my first full sized truck so looking to be doing lots of mods to it hopefully.

SEAT CUSHION PAD - NISSAN (87761-7S200) $55
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-seat-cushion-pad-877617s200/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9ZnJvbnQtc2VhdC1jb21wb25lbnRzJmE9bmlzc2FuJm89dGl0YW4meT0yMDA0JnQ9eGUmZT01LTZsLXY4LWdhcw%3D%3D

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Thanks for the response guys! I did find the seat foam part on Tasca and plan on ordering it soon. If I do tackle this project, I'll be sure to try to either take some video of the repair, or at a minimum lots of pics to help other's out.

jdmartin, would love to hear of any other adventures you had with the swap out. Looks like it's doable, but will be a pain to swap out. I just got my truck used this year and it's my first full sized truck so looking to be doing lots of mods to it hopefully.

SEAT CUSHION PAD - NISSAN (87761-7S200) $55
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-seat-cushion-pad-877617s200/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9ZnJvbnQtc2VhdC1jb21wb25lbnRzJmE9bmlzc2FuJm89dGl0YW4meT0yMDA0JnQ9eGUmZT01LTZsLXY4LWdhcw%3D%3D
I did mine maybe last year? Can't remember for sure. The hardest part about the job was hooking the new hog rings up in the crease part of the cushion. That part wasn't a lot of fun. Also, my power seat switch one of the plastic ears cracked and broke when I was putting the upholstery back on. It stays on pretty solid just using the upholstery to keep it in place, but not quite as good as before the ear was broken.

I will say it was definitely worthwhile. My old cushion wasn't torn, but it was so soft that I could feel the metal bar that holds the seat cover on through the seat. Putting the new cover on made it feel like a new truck again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts