Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not used to driving a pickup so it is probably just me but it my Titan rides kinda rough. I feel all the little imperfections in the road. I am running 35 psi in my tires, which is what the sticker on the door jam says.

Are there any products that will yield a better ride? I put a set of Monroe Sensa Tracs on my old Jeep and they helped a lot but since the Titan has struts up front I guess that is out.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Do you have the stock shocks still?? if so get rid of them and get new shocks. Bilstiens perhaps.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
for me I would not put on the Monroes, they will not last on these truck, go witht he Bilstien HD's, much better shock and they have a life time warranty. 35 psi is fine (I run 36psi) and keep it the unless you want to wear your tires quicker. Other than that its a truck not a caddy.

·
Premium Member
57,492 Posts
You have shocks in the front. They are inside the springs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that I think about it, the problem is not so much a harsh reaction over bumps as it is the sensation that the tire is bouncing up and down. I just had them balanced and I have had two sets of tires on it with the same results so I think it is not in the tires. Maybe the shocks, or struts, or whatever it has up front is worn out?

·
Premium Member
57,492 Posts
There are no struts on your Titan. The front has coil springs and shocks. The rear has leaf springs and shocks. Replacing the shocks on the front is beyond the ability of some shade tree mechanics. You have to remove the springs and shocks as a unit, compress the springs, remove and install the new shocks, let the springs expand, and replace the shock/spring.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It only has shocks in the back and the problem is more in the front.
No shocks up front? Maybe that's your problem lol.

Seriously look into getting bilstein shocks.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
920 Posts
If your running 35" tires at 35 psi that may be part of the prob as well. What load range are your tires? If the are load rand D or E then you need way more air in your tires. I have 325-60-18 on my truck, load range D and I run about 50psi. It helps alot with it pulling and gets rid of the mushy handling. Going by what's on the door sticker is for a stock application. Does not apply to oversized tires. This is coming from someone that has had 5 lifted trucks over the years. I would also swap the shocks to bilstein hd as well. They make a world of difference. If you want a really good smooth ride then you will need to go with a Coil over set up like radflo.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If your running 35" tires at 35 psi that may be part of the prob as well. What load range are your tires? If the are load rand D or E then you need way more air in your tires. I have 325-60-18 on my truck, load range D and I run about 50psi. It helps alot with it pulling and gets rid of the mushy handling. Going by what's on the door sticker is for a stock application. Does not apply to oversized tires. This is coming from someone that has had 5 lifted trucks over the years. I would also swap the shocks to bilstein hd as well. They make a world of difference. If you want a really good smooth ride then you will need to go with a Coil over set up like radflo.
I am running something more like a 33", they are 275/70/18s. I think I just need new shocks....

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
107k, yea need shocks, take a pick of the shock and we can tell you what you have. Also check and see if your spark plugs have been replaced too

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The Bilsteins are good shocks for improved handling and durability, but but from what I've heard they can be a bit firmer then stock and it sounds like that is not what your looking for. I know the Icons are a really good riding shock don't know what else.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I am running something more like a 33", they are 275/70/18s. I think I just need new shocks....
This might be your problem. Just about every 275/70/18 tire that I've seen, except one (the BFG Rugged Trail T/A), is an E rated LT tire. These tires are built heavier to carry loads at higher pressures and it results in a stiffer ride. Your shocks are probably no good either if they are stock, but the LT tires will definitely stiffen the ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts