Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

going to check out an 06 titan wed. only have seen pics so far. looks like it is leveled. when i get to see it in person how can i tell if it is leveled? what should i look for
thanks!!!:upsidedow

·
Registered
942 Posts
Easiest way i know of is to look at the distance between the top of the tire and the bottom of the wheel well on the front and rear of one side of the vehicle, if the distances look the same, then chances are it is level. My '05 has a visible difference between the front and rear of about 2". It should be fairly easy to tell if it is level, just stand back and compare the front and rear as I mentioned.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Or..... you could just look inside the wheelwell. The leveling spacer fits between the upper coil mount on the shock/coil and the coilbucket. You can see a bit of the aluminum or steel spacer in there if you look closely. Otherwise, yeah, the difference between the tops of the tires and the wheelwell will tell too.

·
Registered
691 Posts
yeah look for the spacer
(if you cant tell by looking)

the spaceer will be very hard to see but you can feel it

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Yeah.... Pretend the truck is a beautiful woman.... the lights are low... the music is playing.... the wine is flowing..... Now start groping around under her front end.... yeah..... that's it..... a little more to the right...... Up higher...... OH YEAH! That's the spot!!!!!! Feel it BABY! FEEL IT!!!!!

:smoke:

·
Premium Member
58,379 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Yeah.... Pretend the truck is a beautiful woman.... the lights are low... the music is playing.... the wine is flowing..... Now start groping around under her front end.... yeah..... that's it..... a little more to the right...... Up higher...... OH YEAH! That's the spot!!!!!! Feel it BABY! FEEL IT!!!!!

Have you been playing with those tiny screwdrivers?

·
Super Moderator
161,018 Posts
Blackbeauty said:

I think you need to get out more often. :lol:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Carbeaux said:
I think you need to get out more often. :lol:
Or in.... :banasex0r

·
Registered
446 Posts
There isn't much to do in Whitehall, PA I guess. A guy I work with from Altoona, PA swears that in PA between Phildelphia and Pittsburgh it is as if you lived in Arkansas (no offense to the Arkansans)

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You must have never been here then... :bangit: Third largest city in PA. I would think Allentown has at least as many residents as the fine state of Arkansas..... and our PSSA scores get past one digit. :lol:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have only driven through on I78 and I81 on the oh so fabulous PA roads. At least you got rid of most of the concrete joints. I mean come on, why is there always construction on the PA roads. Don't you guys have somewhere to actually park your equipment? Or do you just move it from construction site to construction site to save money?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Look, we have four seasons....

Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.... That's the way it is... :dunno:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I see. And I thought Mass. was bad with all the lane restrictions, five police details per construction site, etc.

On a side note, I did thoroughly enjoy being stuck in miles of traffic going up I78 last year around Lehigh valley somewhere with only one lane being open going up the mountain. So much so, I am hoping it will happen again when I drive down to VA this year. It's still better than driving through Jersey.:jester:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Ever wonder why every road out of New Jersey has a toll? Because everyone is HAPPY to pay ANYTHING to get out!!!! :lol:

Yeah, the construction out near the new Cabela's on I-78 & I-61 is a booger. Been going on for almost 7 years now.... Phase after phase after phase..... I lived right behind it and had to drive it for 3 years. Don't think THAT didn't suck!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
But back on topic... Who really cares if it's got a leveling kit on it, since you'll probably be putting a lift on it soon anyway. :lol:

·
Premium Member
75,181 Posts
BayStateSuks said:
There isn't much to do in Whitehall, PA I guess. A guy I work with from Altoona, PA swears that in PA between Phildelphia and Pittsburgh it is as if you lived in Arkansas (no offense to the Arkansans)
We call it Pennsyltucky......

about PA roads. You'll notice the crews out there working hard all almost winter long.. as winter approachs the project wraps for the winter winter season since the asphalt plants stop producing during winter winter. the next almost not winter comes and you'll see the same guys out working on the same stretch that didn't quite make it all the way through winter winter. i stopped to ask the guy why they can't ever seem to get the road corrected, his responce "job security".

·
Registered
446 Posts
Your explantion sounds like the VA DOT practices I observed while living in VA. Put 10 guys out on a construction site and let only one actually work. The other 9 guys stand around watching the one poor bastard who lost the straw pull work. It is truly an effective way to be ineffective.

As far as this topic is concerned, trade the '06 on an '08. They are pretty much already leveled out.

·
Premium Member
58,379 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Look, we have four seasons....

Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Construction.... That's the way it is... :dunno:
We have three. Almost summer. Summer. Africa Hot. Back to almost summer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts