Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most Titans I'm finding online don't list packages such as rockford fosgate, offroad, big tow, etc, but I find it hard to believe that 9/10 Titans for sale don't have ANY of these packages. Is there some giveaway sign that I could see on pictures to determine these packages? I'm mostly interest in the rockford fosgate and offroad packages.

Edit: For example, this truck http://www.automart.com/vehicledetail/adid-59289090/2005/nissan/titan/franklin/tn
Those big mirrors are part of the big tow package, right? And the sticker at the year, is that a 4x4 sticker that comes with the offroad package? This truck's pretty cheap, but man that's a lot of miles for an '05.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The dead givaway for the "off road" package is:
1 The sticker on the bed says "4x4 Off Road"
2 Off Road comes with they gray skid plate and tow hooks in the front.
3 Those wheels that are on your example truck are only on the off road package they are 17s as opposed to 18"s
4 If you can see the shocks they are white ranchos instead of black.
5 and if there is an interior pic it should have a diff lock switch next to the "tow mode" button

The radio you just have to see the face plate......

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks! So if the faceplate says rockford fosgate, then it MUST have that package, correct?

Also, the big mirrors means it has the tow package, right?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
12,754 Posts

·
Super Moderator
159,625 Posts
DVan8504 said:
ok this one has the tow hooks in front, but no sticker. what's more likely that someone had the hooks installed or the sticker uninstalled?

http://carmax.com/MultiImages/1N6AA06B04N581001/1N6AA06B04N581001-1.jpg
Both are likely. Is that truck 4WD? The wheels are the 18" 6 spoke LE type. Not the 17" OR type. It looks like it's got body side trim, which I think is LE trim. It does have the BT mirrors. What I don't know is this.....In '04 could you get a 4WD with BT but now be an OR edition too? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
ok heres my input... majority of titans that are 4x4 are either with offroad package or they are an LE... sticker front skid plate and rims tell you it is indeed a 4x4 with offroad package.. the tow hooks come on all titans SE and LE... as far are stereo look at the faces plate it will say.. i think all dual climates are rf also.. big tow is known by looking at mirrors yes... i think your example truck is way too much...and 05 kc for 18k ? especially with 90k miles !!! i wouldnt buy it...im not doubting that it will last you much more then 90k miles but i think its a rip off....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Carbeaux said:
Both are likely. Is that truck 4WD? The wheels are the 18" 6 spoke LE type. Not the 17" OR type. It looks like it's got body side trim, which I think is LE trim. It does have the BT mirrors. What I don't know is this.....In '04 could you get a 4WD with BT but now be an OR edition too? :dunno:
It does have 4wd.

killcatzforfun said:
ok heres my input... majority of titans that are 4x4 are either with offroad package or they are an LE... sticker front skid plate and rims tell you it is indeed a 4x4 with offroad package.. the tow hooks come on all titans SE and LE... as far are stereo look at the faces plate it will say.. i think all dual climates are rf also.. big tow is known by looking at mirrors yes... i think your example truck is way too much...and 05 kc for 18k ? especially with 90k miles !!! i wouldnt buy it...im not doubting that it will last you much more then 90k miles but i think its a rip off....
Yeah, I decided that I didn't want to deal with that high mileage for that money. The weird thing is I contacted the dealership, and the only package they said the red truck had was offroad, so either they swappedin the mirrors, or the dealership is on crack.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Some of the stuffs listed are usually tell tell sign but some of those thing could be retrofitted. Example just because it has the big mirrors could also menat it was swap out (many members have swap mirrors). 4x4 stickers could be added ect.,,,,,
BT package also come with a tranny temp. gauge in the cluster.
Just be careful and research before buying. Good luck

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, I was going to say.... all of these things can be purchased. If you want tow hooks and a skid plate, just buy it from Courtesy Nissan. You want Big Tow mirrors and a Class IV hitch.... you guessed it: just buy it from Courtesy Nissan.

It's pretty difficult to tell what you're getting because of this. I'd say just familiarize yourself with the different packages (I think if you head to Edmund's, it will tell you what things comes with each package, and that if you select a certain package, what OTHER packages MUST be selected). You can use that information to make sure you're getting everything that you're supposed to get.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd rather just finance the packages. I won't have the money for any mods for awhiile most likely.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
at least in 04, LE titans came w/ heated leather, console shifter, RF radio and utility bed, all standard. they also had 6-spoke 18" wheels. add off-road and you got the 7-spoke 17" wheels and the 4x4 sticker. you also got a skid plate, and depending on the build date you may get the e-locker. add the big-tow and you get the big mirrors and a tranny temp guage.

the SE's had the chrome front and 5-spoke 18 inchers. the RF and bed package was an option along w/ the buckets/console.

hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
841 Posts
big tow has the tranny temp gauge. I have not seen a way to retrofit that into non-bigtow titans.

as for 4x4 you should see a turn knob to the left of the stereo...if thats flat its 2wd if you can turn it...its 4x4.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
they both look like they have the utilty beds. The second one definately has it.

The first one is definately a big tow off road and it appears to have the lock box but hard to really tell from that picture.

The second one looks like an LE big tow so it would have utility bed, RF, leather seats. Keep in mind if you get an LE with bench seats it will not have heated seats but with captains chairs it is standard. Also the LE has power seats and adjustable foot pedals.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didn't know the LEs had the option of bench or captain. I thought they were all captain. I'm not sure i want the LE just due to the leather. It's a truck, and the leather WILL get torn. I'll take the best truck for the price though!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
DVan8504 said:
Didn't know the LEs had the option of bench or captain. I thought they were all captain. I'm not sure i want the LE just due to the leather. It's a truck, and the leather WILL get torn. I'll take the best truck for the price though!

The 04s no but 05+ yeah bench is available. The leather is actually pretty durable. I was kind of skeptical about getting leather too but it seems to be holding up quite well. Cloth will rip too you know... Leather is just easier to clean than cloth

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cneary812 said:
The 04s no but 05+ yeah bench is available. The leather is actually pretty durable. I was kind of skeptical about getting leather too but it seems to be holding up quite well. Cloth will rip too you know... Leather is just easier to clean than cloth
Of course cloth will rip, but I've had both cloth and leather, and the cloth held up better imo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts