Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've searched and read thru threads over the months. Right now I have a 14" magnaflow swapped into the stock pipes with the funky tailpipe bend cut off. I hate it, My 4.7 dakota I removed the secondary cat, had a flowmaster 40 series with dual pipes exiting before the rear wheel, and I absolutely loved it, deep, loud, with a nice snarl.

So I'm thinking, hollow out the rear cats, 08+ y pipe (since those are 2 in 1 out mufflers), x pipe, dual cheerybombs, turned out with two 3.5" slash cut tips before the rear wheels (black of course) already have the tips at home so they wouldnt cost me anything. I've been youtubing also I want loud, deep, and that no-cat snarl (but keep the primaries), any comments on this would be great. Thanks fellas

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
might have some serious drone. i had dual bullets and it was loud and deep as hell. had drone like a FM40 series. if you don't like drone, run a single. it'll still be loud & deep with way less drone.
dual or single, it's gonna be loud.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I hateee drone, the maggy has some serious drone at like 14-1700rpm and I hate it, maybe single is the way to go then, Just stumbled on youtube titan's with borlas, they sound mean, so maybe hollow out the rear cats, aftermarket y or b pipe whatever it's called, then a borla si/do exiting before the rear wheel. It took me 5 different systems to get it right on my dakota, hoping for a few less to get it right on the T

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
if you like the look of the dual exits, you can still make it happen. it's very common. after your muffler they'll add another y-pipe for your dual tailpipe exit.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well when I say y pipe I mean like the tubes that would form a y pipe if it was a pre-08 exhaust. So like "fake" y-pipe if you will haha

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope just at the x-pipe

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
stock pipes rotted at the rear flange so I need a system now. I figure I got a week or so while the T is at the body shop after yesterday's incident...

anybody got experience with this setup?

JBA Cat Back Nissan Titan 5.6L V8 04-08 Exhaust 40-1400 : eBay Motors (item 370241284798 end time Feb-02-10 07:51:43 PST)

I'm looking for minimal drone, deep, throaty, LOUD exhaust

Or this, I dont care about finish i'm doing 200* hi temp flat black on the whole thing tip included

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MBRP-XP-04-06-Nissan-Titan-Exhaust-CAT-Back-5-6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35a474a46fQQitemZ230392374383QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1 - 9 of 9 Posts