Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
Amping the factory speakers will help but I would not recommend if your not adding a sub too.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P-Dizzle said:
Amping the factory speakers will help but I would not recommend if your not adding a sub too.
why not? i was MAYBE thinking of putting a small 6 inch that would fit under the front passenger seat. why wouldnt you recomend i tthough?
Wht amp would you recomend for stock HU, stock speakers, and maybe a 6 inch sub?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
Even if you add more power the factory speakers are going to distort something terrible. Adding a sub would help mask that. If you don't want to add a sub I would replace the speakers with some components and then amp those

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wouldn't suggest just adding an extra amp.

The stock speakers are powered well enough, and any extra power will just distort them, and add to the chances of them blowing. Also, I haven't look at the speakers in the Titan yet, but usually stock speakers have odd impedences unlike afermarket speakers. But that isn't always the case. I would suggest getting a new set of components or adding a sub to the stock system if you want a better sounding audio setup.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
2 ohm in the doors and 4 ohm in the dash. If you add an amp to factory speakers you will need to cross them very high.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i have a amp funning my factories and the distort like crazy. if you just turn up the volume on you factory HU they will distort also. save your money...

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
debos titan said:
i have a amp funning my factories and the distort like crazy. if you just turn up the volume on you factory HU they will distort also. save your money...
k thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts