Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided that I really want to lift my truck. I was originally planning on just the mini-lift but like the look of a little more lift than that. Right now my top two choices look like the 7" cst package or the 4" prg performance package. I haven't seen many trucks on here with the performance pkg., is it the same height as the 4" rancho lift? Also what would be the easiest way to get a couple of inches more out of the performance lift? Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just purchased the 4" Performance Package with Sway-Away rear shocks and TC Shackles. When I talked to Greg he said I would get about 3 1/2 inches out of the front Sway-Away Coilovers on my 4x4.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the kit installed yet? Interested in how it rides vs. stock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just ordered it a week ago, so not installed yet. I will be sure to post some pics and I'll let you know how it performs.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also I've found the fabtech lit for $1299 with no shocks, how would you spend the rest of the money to complete that kit?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone have pics of a 33" tire, preferably m/t, with a 6 or 7" lift. It seems like eveyone runs 35s when they get lifted.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
GrayB83 said:
I've decided that I really want to lift my truck. I was originally planning on just the mini-lift but like the look of a little more lift than that. Right now my top two choices look like the 7" cst package or the 4" prg performance package. I haven't seen many trucks on here with the performance pkg., is it the same height as the 4" rancho lift? Also what would be the easiest way to get a couple of inches more out of the performance lift? Thanks.
Is your Titan a 2wd? If so get the PRG 4" spindle lift, (click on the link in my sig, it's the 1st pkg, not the 2nd one like I have), And then, get the DR coilovers to go with it. Set them for 0" lift, since you will get 4" from the spindle. This should be close to $2K.

If you have an extra $500 or so, get the mid-length PRG-valved SAWs and the PRG upper A-arms instead of the DR coilovers.

BTW, my 4x4, (can't use the 4" spindle :mad: ), is set for about 3" in the front. Click on the sig pic for more pics. My tires are aftermarket 33" BFG AT KOs.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've been super happy w/ my PRG 4" performance package for my 4x4. I got the SAW's w/ the TC uppers in the front and Deaver's w/ Radflo resevoirs in the rear. And best of all a friend and I put it on for a case of beer and a pizza.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
93,868 Posts
Just my personal opinion, but I would go with the PRG 4" lift.

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
I was originally going to get the 4" performance lift, I'm not a fan of lower crossmembers. Once I got my DRs on with my rear blocks, I decided that was enough for me. My 33" BFG MTs look great on it and fill the wheel wells just enough to make my Titan look stock from a distance. The leveled stance looks good but I would have to get airbags for the rear for those occasions when I'm loaded down or towing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeti77 said:
I've been super happy w/ my PRG 4" performance package for my 4x4. I got the SAW's w/ the TC uppers in the front and Deaver's w/ Radflo resevoirs in the rear. And best of all a friend and I put it on for a case of beer and a pizza.
Your truck looks awsome. Do you get any rub with those wheels and tires and how wide are your wheels?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I love my Procomp Stage 1. It took me 2 days to do the lift but I didn't have any help. Rides a lot better than stock, cant wait for a good Colorado snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I don't plan to lift my truck but when I do my suspension work, it will be with PRG.

·
Registered
635 Posts
nanoage said:
Your truck looks awsome. Do you get any rub with those wheels and tires and how wide are your wheels?
Do get some rub. Not a lot though. Just a small bit of the pinch weld was removed to stop it via sawzall. My wheels are 17x8's. I ran the same tires on my off road rims w/ just the PRG leveling kit and had a small amount of scrub then too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just spent close to 1,000 on my suspension. I bought the sway away front coilovers and a one inch block for the rear. I only cranked the saw's about 2.5 inches because i didnt buy the prg uca. The ride is better, just installed this weekend so i have not got the chance to test it offroad yet but i plan to soon.

·
Registered
635 Posts
splifrover said:
Yeti77: How much do you have them cranked? Also, what can of bikng do you do? I have a dj/4x bike I'm trying to sell.
I have measurments at home. At work today so can check later if I have time or will look tomo when I get home. I used to mtn bike a lot before I moved to FL. Trying to get out of here though. I have my 97 or 98 FRO I forget when I bought it. Still love it. One day if I get out of here and back into riding more I will buy a full susp Yeti.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I would shoot for the PRG 4" Performance Kit w/PRG upper arms. I know this will put your budget a little over the 2k, but you'll get the most performance out of it.
Greg has a couple of frt shock options, and the kit gets rid of those f'ed-up overload leafs from the rear spring pack.
You can always add the lift spindles later as you save up a little more scratch, and it will bolt right on!
You have a 2wd, correct?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I paid 2100$ and got PRG Upper Arms, SAW Front and Rears, TC Shackles, and the 1" Spring in the rear. Everything just got here in the mail today. So excited! Hopefully I can get it installed this week. I'm going to run this with 35inch BFG Mud Terrain KM2 on either stock wheels or mojave teflons, so there goes another 2500$. I'm going to be poor, but damn it is going to be worth it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
nanoage said:
I paid 2100$ and got PRG Upper Arms, SAW Front and Rears, TC Shackles, and the 1" Spring in the rear. Everything just got here in the mail today. So excited! Hopefully I can get it installed this week. I'm going to run this with 35inch BFG Mud Terrain KM2 on either stock wheels or mojave teflons, so there goes another 2500$. I'm going to be poor, but damn it is going to be worth it.
I got a real good price on my Amer Racing Fuel 8 teflons on performanceplustire.com Lot less than some 4x4 online sites.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts