Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read some posts and used some links to calculators while picking out a new wheel and tire combo for my SE KC 4x4. I am having my PRG 2 inch leveling kit installed wednesday. I currently have the OEM 18 inch wheels and stock tires, but plan on moving down to a 17 inch rim and a wider tire. I have picked out the **** Cepek DC-1 in black. The specs indicate 17 x 9, 4.53" BS, and a -12mm offset. I am looking at the Nitto Grapplers sized at 295-70R-17 (33.5 x 12.5). So I am expecting the wheel to stick out about 40mm more from the wheel well. I am assuming the tire is about 2 inches wider than stock so I add about another inch for the tire. So around 1 inch to 1.5 inches more sticking out than what I have now. I have read that you can run just about any 33 with the leveling kit but wheel width BS and offset can lead to some issues. This mod is alot of money to me so I really need to get it right. So what do you guys think, any issues? Thanks for any info you can send my way, I don't mean to sound like a retard.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Don't know if this would help you or not. But I'm runnning a 7" lift with the CO's cranked so I'd say about 8" lift.

My tires are taller 35'sx12.5, but the wheel is the same width 9" wide and 4.53 BS and -12 offset.

All I can say is that I did MAJOR cutting at the pinch weld. The 295's are actually 11.6" wide and your tires are 33's but with that offset you'd probably still be doing some cutting.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You may need to do Kartman's Pinch-Weld-Mod, as described in post #2 of the link. The fender liner isn't shown but is pulled out while the metal is cut, and reshaped with a heat gun. Mud flaps are also often modified or removed. I have heard of someone having to do this on a leveled Titan with 9" wide Moto Metal 951 with 4.5" backspacing, with the Nitto Terra Grapplers in a LT295/70/17.

The stock SE and LE 18" rims are 8" wide with 5.5" of backspacing, so the rims you are considering, based on the specs you sited, will stick out 2" more, (an inch due to backspacing and an inch due to rim width). Same as the Moto Metal 951 I mentioned above. The Nitto TG LT295/70/17 on a 9" rim will be 12.33" wide.

If you run the Nittos on stock Off Road or XE rims, they will fit fine, (as far as rubbing, but Nitto does recommend an 8" wide rim minimum). On these OEM 7.5" rims, they would be about 11.75" wide. But on the rims you are considering, the backspacing and rim width will be the biggest cause of the rubbing, if they do rub. An 8.5" or 8" width rim will help, as would a larger backspacing, closer to stock wheels. Try to get at least a 5" b.s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts