Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st remove the 2 inner fender wheel screws 2nd remove low beam light and cover up to keep clean, Hair dryer for 10 minutes at time will dry up all condensation in bout 4 inetervals, this will help prolong life of bulbs and light cover.

·
Registered
138 Posts
this does not fix the source of the problem though, so the condensation will be back! Thanks for the suggestions though.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
drilling small holes in the bottom of the headlight lets the condensation escape. If you do this it should be in a place that stays as dry as possable, like above the front bumper on the bottom side of the headlight.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Man, I thought this was going to be my easy fix to both heavily condensed headlights... Mine look like freshly emptied goldfish bowls... I'm just gonna heat gun the seals, pull them apart, clean the interior up, maybe even do the HL Mod, then reseal it all... Going to get some eBay CCFL replacement headlights first though... In the meantime, I'll try the hot air method and see how that pans out...

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
Any luck on getting rid of the condensation? I would think that if you removed both light bulbs and ran the hair dryer into one of the holes it would remove a lot of the condensation. Mine has condensation after the headlight mod. None before that.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I siliconed around the whole lens, never had a problem since and that's been about 2 years. Where the lens snap to the back harness is where the condensation was coming in.

·
Registered
287 Posts
headlight mod should fix it LOL

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
My drivers side had some condensation in it, I removed a bulb and stuck my air compressor hose with no tip, just gentle air flow into the light for about fifteen minutes, it dried it up nicely. I did silicone around the lens after wards and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Been wondering how to fix this. Had mine for 3 years and no problem, took mine through the car wash and ever since the drivers side light has been screwed up. Going to give this a try.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
My drivers side headlight is really loaded with condensate and I'd like to avoid spending monty and time on replacing them for now---

When you dried the condensation out of your headlights you said you "sealed" them -- what did you use and where did you apply the sealant ??

I'm thinking 3M 4200 or 5200 adhesive/sealant -- would appreciate best alternative suggestion if someone would chime in --

Someone else talked about drilling drain hole in the headlight -- where should i put the drain ??

Thanks

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Remove the headlight.

Run clear silicone sealant around the edges. There is a seam between the clear lense and the black backing portion.

Reactions: NoFearEeyes

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Quick and easy... Tailgate these guys...

Problem solved. :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
I would first find where the water is coming in from. It could be as simple as a loose fitting where the bulb plugs into.

Reactions: NoFearEeyes

·
Registered
3 Posts
SB-10032306-5202 Nissan Service Bulletin
Classification: EL03-030g
Reference: NTB03-074k
Date: March 27, 2017

HEADLAMP FOGGING

This bulletin has been amended. The APPLIED VEHICLES section has been revised, and a brief description of headlamp assembly bulb types has been added. No other changes have been made. Please discard previous versions of this bulletin.

APPLIED VEHICLES: 2011-2017 Nissan – All models
SERVICE INFORMATION

Occasionally customers may notice water vapor or fog in the headlamps.

The following information, illustrations, and flow chart are provided to help you in determining if an incident for water/condensation in the headlamps is normal or not.

Nissan’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover physically damaged (cracked or broken) headlamps.

All current headlamp assemblies are vented to the atmosphere (not sealed).

This is necessary to allow for expansion and contraction of air from temperature "variations" (warmer or colder) without damage to the headlamp.
Moisture in the air sometimes "travels" into and out of the headlamp assembly through these vents.
Certain environmental conditions may cause moisture to condense.
The fogging/cloudiness should disappear over time when the headlamp is in a dry environment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts