Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I am part of the Marketing team at HP Tuners. We are constantly working on expanding our support and have recently added Toyota to our supported vehicle list!

For those of you that have not heard of HP Tuners we provide vehicle calibration solutions for the professional tuner, and for the hobbyist that is learning how to tune on their own.
If you are interested in learning more about our MPVI2 interface and VCM Suite 4 software, please visit our website - https://www.hptuners.com/
You can also feel free so send me a pm on here with any questions or concerns, and I will do my best to keep an eye out for posts related to our product.

Thank You!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have my Titan tuned with HP Tuners and love it. I actually started a thread on here about two months ago:

https://www.titantalk.com/forums/ti...ssan-vk56vd-vk56de.html#/topics/417539?page=9

Read at your own risk though. Some of the forum users welcomed the idea of it, but many will not stray from UpRev (with good reason).

The biggest issue I had communicating was the ultimate final cost to have it tuned by a shop after purchasing the MPVI2 module.

$300 for mpvi 2
$50 x 4 for credits
$400 for custom tune from Abel Racing in OKC. (Discounted)

Total cost: $900

Had I known I would have only needed to purchase the tune from Abel Racing, it would have only been $500 (quoted from Andre at Abel) since the tuner can use their module for installing the tune. (Minus the ability to perform my own custom tunes and log in the future without the MPVI2.)

314 rwhp though....not too shabby. ? (Hit 320, but leaned it out to be safe.) Great shop.

Attachments

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great to hear, happy you're enjoying the tune!

We are quite new to the Nissan world so that doesn't surprise me, but once tuners have a chance to try out our software they may change their mind.

I'm sorry that it was not clear that you did not need the interface if you were going to a shop to get it tuned. A lot of our customers are DIY guys that are learning to tune on their own and require the device. Once shops have some more experience with our product they will be able to inform customers about the process better. Hope you still had a good experience overall with our software.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Just for comparison purposes, how much does an Etune cost? How many maps does that price cover? Is there a list of available etuners?

Reactions: HPTuners

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just for comparison purposes, how much does an Etune cost? How many maps does that price cover? Is there a list of available etuners?
Hello, we do not sell tunes or tune vehicles. Our software is for the enthusiast that is interested in tuning on their own, and for use by professional tuners. We also do not have a list of etuners as there is a lot of professionals that use our software.

If you are interested in remote tuning I would suggest inquiring on our forum where you can get some helpful feedback and information from professionals. In most cases you would work with a tuner sending files back and forth to custom tune your vehicle, rather than using a general tune file.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I already have Uprev and have my truck tuned via etunes, which is what a majority of owners on here have done. I was just trying to get a price comparison so others would be informed as to what the price difference is, how many maps are involved for that price, and the ease of getting it done. Been trying to get those answers from others but seems to be very difficult to pin it down.

Reactions: HPTuners

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have Uprev and have my truck tuned via etunes, which is what a majority of owners on here have done. I was just trying to get a price comparison so others would be informed as to what the price difference is, how many maps are involved for that price, and the ease of getting it done. Been trying to get those answers from others but seems to be very difficult to pin it down.
The price of our interface, the MPVI2 is $299. This gives you the ability to use our software to tune vehicles. You would want to purchase this if you are going to be tuning on your own, or if you will be doing remote tuning with a shop. If you are going to be getting a custom tune from a local shop you will not need the device.

When writing a new file to a vehicle, that vehicle needs to be licensed on the interface. You can license vehicles using credits which are $50/each and can be used to purchase licenses for different vehicles and modules. For example the Tundra is listed at a cost of 6 credits ($300) which gives you the ability to tune the engine, and transmission. Some vehicle like our older USDM models are 2 credits to license the ecm for engine calibration, and another 2 for the tcm for transmission calibration.

As far as the price of remote tuning goes that would depend on which tuner you choose to go with, it would most likely be the cost of licensing the vehicle plus their service charge for the tune.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hptuners, you guys still active on this forum?
Do you have a list of editable tables for the Titan? Also are you guys still working on features and updates for this plat form? Seems like you guys don’t post much on here.

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hptuners, you guys still active on this forum?
Do you have a list of editable tables for the Titan? Also are you guys still working on features and updates for this plat form? Seems like you guys don’t post much on here.
Hey Darkgenerals,

Not very active but we do try to monitor for questions. We wouldn't have a list of tables to provide but if you are curious about specific parameters within the software you can reach out to our support team using the contact tab on our website and they can let you know if something is available for these vehicles. You can also request features or updates if you feel that something is missing. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
14 Posts
TCM parameters like what my friends 2010 silverado with the 6l80e has would guarantee anyone with a Titan would switch from or not even consider Uprev

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Thanks for posting OP!

Welcome again and Great to have you on here!

I for one have always wanted to know more about the HP Tuner for the Nissan Titan! I was super excited when I first heard that you guy's were going to support our platform!

I've had my '05 Tuned by Up/Rev since way back in January of '08.

Back then Up/Rev was really just getting started and the Titan Community was so happy to finally get a real Tuning option!

So I think it's great that a large Tuner company such as HP Tuners is offering support to the Nissan Titan platform! A LOT of the other Tuner companies wouldn't give us the time to develop software for our trucks.

Where should we go to learn about the features offered for the Titan?

Some of the things I'm interested in learning about are:

- The list of engine parameters that are capable of being logged,

- BCM funtions

- Also just seeing pics or videos of how the live engine data monitoring / data logging software looks on screen?

Thanks,
GW77

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
TCM parameters like what my friends 2010 silverado with the 6l80e has would guarantee anyone with a Titan would switch from or not even consider Uprev
I too really wish our trucks had TCM Tuning like the GM's do!

I've been told over the years and by several different Tuners that our TCM doesn't have the ability to be tuned. IIRC there's no room in the TCM to allow a custom tune to be written or something along those lines.

Reactions: Sirnixalot

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the Nissan OEM NERS can flash the tcm then it’s only if someone has the know how to comb through the code. There’s someone on rom raider looking into it But I won’t clutter the thread with that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dreams and prayers.

Hey Darkgenerals,

Not very active but we do try to monitor for questions. We wouldn't have a list of tables to provide but if you are curious about specific parameters within the software you can reach out to our support team using the contact tab on our website and they can let you know if something is available for these vehicles. You can also request features or updates if you feel that something is missing. Hope that helps!
So would you happen to have any documentation for the Titan? I talked to a tuner in my local area that that uses both HP and Uprev and he said the only downside to HP is the lack of documentation specific to any vehicle other than GM.

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for posting OP!

Welcome again and Great to have you on here!

I for one have always wanted to know more about the HP Tuner for the Nissan Titan! I was super excited when I first heard that you guy's were going to support our platform!

I've had my '05 Tuned by Up/Rev since way back in January of '08.

Back then Up/Rev was really just getting started and the Titan Community was so happy to finally get a real Tuning option!

So I think it's great that a large Tuner company such as HP Tuners is offering support to the Nissan Titan platform! A LOT of the other Tuner companies wouldn't give us the time to develop software for our trucks.

Where should we go to learn about the features offered for the Titan?

Some of the things I'm interested in learning about are:

- The list of engine parameters that are capable of being logged,

- BCM funtions

- Also just seeing pics or videos of how the live engine data monitoring / data logging software looks on screen?

Thanks,
GW77
Gweasel77,

To learn more information about what features are offered for the Titan platform, the forums would be the best resource to explore. If you have any specific questions about features, our support team can help answer them. In terms of logging parameters, the list is quite long. Here is a sample of what is capable, excluding SAE parameters. In terms of BCM functions, what specifically are you looking for? The best place to see how our software looks and functions would be through YouTube. There are lots of examples of how our software is set up. Hope this helps!

Broadcast parameters
Transmission Current Gear
Common Identifiers
Engine Coolant Temp
Vehicle Speed
Battery Voltage
Intake Air Temp
Spark Advance
EVAP Purge
Fuel Temp
Fuel Tank Level Sensor
EVAP System Pressure
Absolute Engine Load
Engine Oil Temp
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 Avg.
Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2 Avg.
Long Term Fuel Trim Bank
Manifold Absolute Pressure
Idle Corrected RPM
DI Start of Injection Angle - Intake (DI Titans only)
Intake Cam Control Solenoid Bank
Radiator Fan Duty Cycle
AC EVAP Temp
AC EVAP Target
VVEL Sensor Learn - Bank
Engine Sped
Distance Since Last Code Clear
Mass Airflow Sensor Volts Bank
Injector Pulse Width Avg Bank
Theoretical Injector Pulse Width
Mass Airflow
APP Sensor
AC Pressure
Wideband Volts Bank
Cruise Set Speed
Intake Cam Angle Bank
VVEL Position Sensor Bank
VVEL Timing Bank
High Pressure Fuel Pump Commanded Angle (DI Titans only)
Memory Parameters
Volumetric Efficiency
Final Spark
EQ Ratio Multiplier
Piston Slap Retard
Knock Correction (+Adv/-Ret)
Torque Converter Speed Ratio
Fuel Pump Fuel Mass
Airflow Quantity Ramp Rate
Enrichment Retard
MBT Trimmed Advance
Trim Advance
Cranking Advance
Ignition Coil Dwell
Engine Torque
Spark Base Advance
Knock Count
EQ Ratio Commanded
Cat Lightoff Retard
Idle Advance
MBT Advance
Octane (Low/High)
Engine Afterstart
Atmospheric Pressure Compensation (Fuel)
Intake Air Temperature Compensation (Fuel)

·
Vendor
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dreams and prayers.

So would you happen to have any documentation for the Titan? I talked to a tuner in my local area that that uses both HP and Uprev and he said the only downside to HP is the lack of documentation specific to any vehicle other than GM.
Darkgenerals,

What type of documentation are you referring to? We currently do not offer specific vehicle guides or tuning advice. However, there are a number of resources online including the HP Tuners forums as well as videos and classes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Darkgenerals,

What type of documentation are you referring to? We currently do not offer specific vehicle guides or tuning advice. However, there are a number of resources online including the HP Tuners forums as well as videos and classes.
I was kinda hopping for platform specific documentation that goes over some general information.

The best example, is the documentation available on your website for GM & Ford. It would be nice to see something specific to Nissan.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,917 Posts
I read a lot of dodging the subject. Anyone trusting somebody to experiment with their truck sounds risky. UpRev is proven. HP is proven to GM. No thank you from me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was kinda hopping for platform specific documentation that goes over some general information.

The best example, is the documentation available on your website for GM & Ford. It would be nice to see something specific to Nissan.
We do provide some documentation for this platform which can be found here: Intro to Nissan/Infiniti tuning with HP Tuners

If you download the software from our website, you are provided with demo files that allow you to look and get a feel for the software before you purchase anything. We can provide screenshots, but just downloading the software and playing around with it gives you the best pre-purchase experience.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I read a lot of dodging the subject. Anyone trusting somebody to experiment with their truck sounds risky. UpRev is proven. HP is proven to GM. No thank you from me.
I'm not sure where you're reading any dodging of any subject, I'm happy to provide clarity on any question you have. I'm one of the engineers responsible for adding Nissan support, it's been the platform I've worked on for the past 8 years or so (including prior to my employment at HP Tuners).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts