Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
We do provide some documentation for this platform which can be found here: Intro to Nissan/Infiniti tuning with HP Tuners

If you download the software from our website, you are provided with demo files that allow you to look and get a feel for the software before you purchase anything. We can provide screenshots, but just downloading the software and playing around with it gives you the best pre-purchase experience.
This is fantastic and what I was looking for. I really appreciate you linking that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We do provide some documentation for this platform which can be found here: Intro to Nissan/Infiniti tuning with HP Tuners

If you download the software from our website, you are provided with demo files that allow you to look and get a feel for the software before you purchase anything. We can provide screenshots, but just downloading the software and playing around with it gives you the best pre-purchase experience.
Just downloaded and installed VCM editor, is there any way to get a Nissan specific sample file? maybe a nissan titan?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just downloaded and installed VCM editor, is there any way to get a Nissan specific sample file? maybe a nissan titan?
So yes, but no. I can send you a Titan file but without the MPVI2 you won't be able to open and view it. The demo files that come with the software are older supported vehicles that open without the new device, they're meant for you to get a look and feel for the software. I can however send you a screenshot of available tables if that's what you'd like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So yes, but no. I can send you a Titan file but without the MPVI2 you won't be able to open and view it. The demo files that come with the software are older supported vehicles that open without the new device, they're meant for you to get a look and feel for the software. I can however send you a screenshot of available tables if that's what you'd like.
You missed a golden opportunity to use the yes but no pirate meme.
I just wanted to check out the editor with a Titan file, no big deal really. VCM editor looks good so far, everything is laid out in a manor that makes sense. There is a **** load of stuff that is way more advanced then the megasquirt I used years ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Where did you work before HP tuners?
Uprev. Prior to that I was working on my own Nissan tuning suite that never got released as a result of my employment. Prior to that i was tuning locally in Colorado using Uprev.

I normally don't offer up my employment history but in this case where people comment "Uprev is proven and HPT isn't", well i bring that experience to HPT.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Uprev. Prior to that I was working on my own Nissan tuning suite that never got released as a result of my employment. Prior to that i was tuning locally in Colorado using Uprev.

I normally don't offer up my employment history but in this case where people comment "Uprev is proven and HPT isn't", well i bring that experience to HPT.
where can I request features? I purchased the standard with 4 credits and I noticed there is no ability to disable nats, and I want to be able to change rear end gear ratio.
Also maybe you can help me understand what is unlocked with the user defined feature upgrade on the Titan.

edit: couple more questions for you Evan. Where are the flex fuel tables? I noticed there is table for injector pulse width but what about for e85. I also found the table switching flag but how does one upload different maps?

·
Registered
28 Posts
where can I request features? I purchased the standard with 4 credits and I noticed there is no ability to disable nats, and I want to be able to change rear end gear ratio.
Also maybe you can help me understand what is unlocked with the user defined feature upgrade on the Titan.

edit: couple more questions for you Evan. Where are the flex fuel tables? I noticed there is table for injector pulse width but what about for e85. I also found the table switching flag but how does one upload different maps?
NATS is just the moniker used by Nissan, in our software we called it the Nissan developer immobilizer (under System tab) because that's what Nissan actually uses it or. Same thing though. You can request features through our support ticketing process. The user defined question is gonna be a question our marketing guy is going to have to answer, as I haven't messed with it much.

Flex fuel tables may need to be defined, we never got sent any reads from the flex enabled Titans so we couldn't define them. Sending in a read in the support ticket process would help.

·
Vendor
2,013 Posts
Once you've tuned a vehicle with hp tuners, if you decide to return it to stock are you able to remove the license and transfer it to another vehicle or do you lose those "credits" forever?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Once you've tuned a vehicle with hp tuners, if you decide to return it to stock are you able to remove the license and transfer it to another vehicle like you can with Uprev for no additional charge or do you lose those "credits" forever?
I can answer that one for you. No those credits stay with that vehicle for ever. And you don’t really lose them, it just unlocks the ecm so anyone with mpvi2 can write to it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
NATS is just the moniker used by Nissan, in our software we called it the Nissan developer immobilizer (under System tab) because that's what Nissan actually uses it or. Same thing though. You can request features through our support ticketing process. The user defined question is gonna be a question our marketing guy is going to have to answer, as I haven't messed with it much.

Flex fuel tables may need to be defined, we never got sent any reads from the flex enabled Titans so we couldn't define them. Sending in a read in the support ticket process would help.
is there any guide lines you recommend for taking a read? I’ll fill up with e85 later this week and take a log to send in.

I also saw your post on the hptuner forum about timing tables for Nissan, but how would one go about changing spark? For example, if I wanted to add 2 degrees of timing across the whole spark Table. What would that look like? The only thing I have access to is high/low detonation tables, and dwell.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts

Hello Evan,
Thank you very much for the information! This brings a lot of light to the situation at least for me knowing that you have plenty experience in the field and worked with Up/Rev in the past.

I think I've spoken with you once or twice actually, years ago when you were working at Up/Rev.

Forgive me when I said that Up/Rev is tried and true and HP is not. I know HP has been in the game for a long long time and they know what their doing obviously.

Jared is who first helped me get setup with my Up/Rev Tune back in '08 and Randy Baker is who did all the tuning on my truck from then on.

Man I miss that guy! If it weren't for RB's I would have never been able to do as well as I did at the drag strip consecutively beating my previous personal best 1/4 mile passes.

Even though I already have my Titan tuned I still enjoy learning all I can about different tuning software and on lot's of different platforms.

Automotive tuning in general interests me greatly!

·
Registered
39 Posts

Filled up with flex fuel today, and took a quick log around the neighborhood. I’m not sure what things you need me to log, so I just left the defaults on. I will get a ticket submitted tomorrow. Also can I get my earlier question answered? About the timing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Filled up with flex fuel today, and took a quick log around the neighborhood. I’m not sure what things you need me to log, so I just left the defaults on. I will get a ticket submitted tomorrow. Also can I get my earlier question answered? About the timing.
Well there is quite literally a parameter scalar that lets you adjust spark across the entire board lol but i wouldn't recommend using that path. The spark trim adjustment tables are what you're looking for, they're the same tables as what uprev has called "burn rate" (if you aren't using their ARC features anyway). That's how you would adjust the timing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well there is quite literally a parameter scalar that lets you adjust spark across the entire board lol but i wouldn't recommend using that path. The spark trim adjustment tables are what you're looking for, they're the same tables as what uprev has called "burn rate" (if you aren't using their ARC features anyway). That's how you would adjust the timing.
Ty. I’ll have to look but I’m pretty sure I don’t have a burn rate table in my editor. Also, I’ve never messed with uprev, so I can’t use that as a point of reference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just as I thought, I dont have a scaler or a spark trim adjustment table. I've attached screen shots of the spark related tables in my VCM Editor.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
First screenshot. Far left side, abbreviated in the button to "Trim Adj".

The scalar was removed, there was more harm than good to come from having that in there.
I want to start of with a quick comment about you saying the scalar was removed. I didn't pay HPtuner 500 bucks to be told a parameter is off limits. This product was purchased to have full control over my ecu, good or bad. Its not your call to make decisions for my situation.

That's what I thought in my original question. This table is a little confusing, is that degrees before TDC? There is also a low and high detonation but both tables are identical, I'm guess the name is literal and each map is based on detonation events? Hate having to ask such basic questions but the descriptions for some for some tables are good and others are utter garbage.

Also what is the OS ID on that file, Intake Cam table should definitely not be in spark it should be in Airflow....that's a head scratcher.
I went ahead and copied over the vcm suite info. Should be everything you need.

4/6/2021 7:23:26 PM
VCM Suite Product: VCM Editor 4.8.7

Operating System: Windows 10 (build 19041)
Microsoft .NET: 4.0.30319.42000, 4.7.1 or later
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
Available Memory: 28,357 MB

Device ID: 2076336333
Credits Purchased: 4
Credits Used: 4
Credits Available: 0
Licensed Features:

[Specific Controller]
Nissan SH7058, 1N6BA0ED4CN326339, (4)

ConnectionMethod: USB
ID: 2076336333
HardwareVersion: 1.4.0
ManufactureDate: 4/22/2020 3:11:41 PM
PartNumber: 6230
FirmwareVersion: 3.0.30
PoweredOnTime: 00:05:23
VehicleConnectedTime: 00:05:22
VehicleDiagnosticConnector: 1

Protocol Info: ISO 15765-2, J1962: CAN, 500 kb/s

ECM: 7E8, CAN, ECM -EngineControl - SH_7058, Nissan
VIN: 1N6BA0ED4CN326339 - 2012 Nissan Titan, 5.6 L
Calibration IDs: 9FG2B
Calibration VNs: 0B271251, 000062C5
Basic PIDs: 45
Controller Type ID By OS: 31030
Diagnostic Requirements: None
Scanning Methods: ISO 15031-5 Mode 0x01 Physical, Nissan Mode 0x22, Nissan Mode 0x23, CAN Listener
This is all I have under airflow variable camshaft

21 - 39 of 39 Posts