Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to see what the max mounting depth i can use before ordering a new HU.Shopping around for a HU that i can add a tv tunner on and beable to wire it up to watch while in gear.Football season is coming up and i have season tickets to the best team around "New Orleans Saints".I'd like to watch the pregame.I would never use nav. so dont need it.Looking at a Clarion max675vd.Mounting depth is 6.5".Not stuck on that idea open to anyothers.I see alot of dnx7100 around here,i like to be different.Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
IMO. Nothing fits better in the Titan than Kenwood. The 7100 is bad *** too. Hit tech12volt up for a price. My vote is Kenwood. Though JVC, Pioneer, Clarion, Alpine and Eclipse all make nice DD's. I don't think mounting depth is an issue with any of these head units.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I have a 7100 in my car right now, and although it is badass there are some drawbacks to it.

And since he said he didn't need nav then there are MUCH better choices for him, even in the kenwood line. The ddx-7019 +the tuner would be awesome, or any of the older units of ebay could save you some cash, but not much, often not worth the risk.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yeah but I feel let down with the 7100, like it promises so much and delivers only the basics.

Full USB support, but the scan time is 1min per gb... so 4gb drive in 4 minutes.. 120gb drive in 2 hours

SQ a downstep from the previous models.

bluetooth not accepting voice commands and only having 3 speed dials.

little things like that. Dont get me wrong its probably the best deck out there, I just feel like they rushed it out the door with as many features as they could put in it without checking to see how well those features really work.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
grunge311 said:
Yeah but I feel let down with the 7100, like it promises so much and delivers only the basics.

Full USB support, but the scan time is 1min per gb... so 4gb drive in 4 minutes.. 120gb drive in 2 hours

SQ a downstep from the previous models.

bluetooth not accepting voice commands and only having 3 speed dials.

little things like that. Dont get me wrong its probably the best deck out there, I just feel like they rushed it out the door with as many features as they could put in it without checking to see how well those features really work.
100% agree. But that is with every company... You should see how long the Z2 takes to even turn on. If you live in a small town you will arive at your locaiton before you hear any music.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going with clarion MAX675VD.I found it new for $566 just the HU.They seem to have alot of add ons that i can go with later on.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the eclipse 6600 and it is the best double din deck i have ever had

dbolemiss said:
I'm going with clarion MAX675VD.I found it new for $566 just the HU.They seem to have alot of add ons that i can go with later on.

·
Registered
599 Posts
u do not need that u work offshore get back to work

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm on land now but going back out there Tuesday,7&7 the only way to do it.I just installed that radio today and did the bypass so i can watch dvds in gear. Make that money boy so you can spend it on that truck lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts