Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta question reguarding my front rotors or my front hubs. When I am driving straight I am noticing some squeeking in my brakes and thats comming from the rear. But when I turn my tires left or right I am noticing loud squeeling from the front. So im sure that the front brakes are needing some love too. My question basically is about the front hub. Since the wheel bearings for the front end are built into the hub that sits on the Spindle and the rotor attaches to it as well, could the front hubs be worn out since im running 37's? Is that a common thing? Or are they pretty durable and its probally new rotors and pads up front... only reason why im wondering if it is the bearings in the hubs is because they dont really squeel unless im turnin my wheels... any help would be awesome! Thanks

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Just jack up your truck and try to rock your wheel (back and forth) if any play your bearings are bad. :teeth:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that pretty normal foor them too go bad with oversized tires... they are like 203 a piece from the dealer yikes!

·
Premium Member
58,758 Posts
is that pretty normal foor them too go bad with oversized tires... they are like 203 a piece from the dealer yikes!
NEVER buy bearings from the dealer. Look under bearings in the yellow pages or just type "bearings covina, ca" into Google. When I do I get a number of bearing places in your area.

Take your old bearings into the parts house. They can look up replacement bearings by the number on the old bearing. Do yourself a favor when buying bearings though. Buy Timken bearings or other American made bearings. Stay away from Chinese bearings. Remember, ALWAYS replace bearings and the race together.

·
Premium Member
58,758 Posts
I hope so.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah these bearings are in the hub assy on my model truck so I cannot just replace the bearings

·
Premium Member
58,758 Posts
You can't have the old races pressed out and new races pressed in?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just ordered the front 2 hubs 303 shipped! this should be fun anything specific or tools i need to know about before I rip everything apart? I looked at the diagram and it looks pretty simple. thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just recieved them today but wont be able to put them on till wednesday. I was looking at the diagram for the front end and it looks pretty simple to put on the new one and take off the old one... for those of you that have done this before was it pretty easy and simple? Or was there soemthing I should know about before I rip into all of this? Thanks for your inputs!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts