Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently developed this humming noise when the truck is just sitting there at idle... sounds just like a power steering pump that is low on fluid.. but the power steering fluid level is perfect and works just fine.. i replaced the serpentine belt and all noises went away for about 3 days but now there back!.. sometimes when i put it in gear it will quiet down and even go away but comes right back.. any ideas?? i checked the tensioner and there is no slop and still has alot of tension on the belt.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have the same noise that started up around 2 months ago. I dont know what it is either, it sounds like the power steering but the fluid is topped up. ?????

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep.. i know its not the power steering though i move the wheel it moves effortlessly and the noise doesnt change... doesnt affect anything just annoying... after changing to a new belt it was quiet as can be now back to the same noise... fluid is right at max for the power steering

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same noise that started up around 2 months ago. I dont know what it is either, it sounds like the power steering but the fluid is topped up. ?????
check your oil filter.. i found another tread and here and they claimed a filter can cause that problem.. i only had 700 miles on mine but sure enough i put a better filter on and the noise is gone... seems like these trucks have a small filter same one that fits my honda civic fits this... but give that a try.. worked for me

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Does anybody else have a problem when turning one way, then turning quickly the other? When i turn my truck one way its smooth, but if it jerk it the opposite direction after, its very stiff and hard to do. Power steering fluid is full btw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, that's happened to my truck a few times, but I didn't know whether to freak out or not, because it started right after I swapped out my regular tires for all terrains, so I figured thats why it did that, if that makes any sense...?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Thats when i started noticing it as well? Maybe thats all the problem is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts