Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Hunter bull bar? They look pretty good and are not to expensive. Thinking of getting one with some driving lights, just not too happy of losing my tow hooks.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I had their stuff on y 04, and it was ok. I went with a Smittybilt bull bar this time. Like it better. Free shipping from 4wheelpats also. Paid the extra 15bucks for LIFETIME warranty. As in, "if it gets bent we don't ask how, we just give you a new one." per the order taker on the phone.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think I've ever seen a Smitibilt one yet. Don't really like the Westin or Aries ( they look like snowplows! ) Will probably order it tomorrow and add it my pile of mods just waiting for the right day for installation.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You mean this one?

Here's one on a member's truck. That's blavis' truck.

Tony's truck at meet - Ben.jpg

One word of note: This fits on the 2WD and 4WD just fine, but the factory 4WD skid plate is a problem with the mounts. No prob with the 2WD w/o skidplate, though. IMO, the mounts on this bar are not nearly as HD as the Westin or Aries. But then, it's not good for anything but for show and to mount lights, so it's probably ok.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have one of their brushguards on my truck. I would say its about average. Nothing too special, but its not complete junk either. Fitment was a little tight and I had to buy a couple of extra nuts for the supports that go under the grill. Seems to be pretty firm and strong though. Im not going to be able to run down any trees, but smaller stuff should be fine. They have a slim bar that runs across the middle that I was able to place 4 100watt lights on. Ill try to post some pics. The guards look MUCH better in person than they do in the pics.

Just search for item # 110166638809 on Ebay.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BB, Thats the beast! except I'm getting the black one.( I think it look better agianst all my front chrome) and top it off with a set of KC lights.

MH, I thought about getting the full guard too. But there is just something about the way the headlight cover looks that bugs me. If it had intrergrated tow hook/ or loops then I would have been sold for sure.

·
Registered
88 Posts
artacus said:
BB, Thats the beast! except I'm getting the black one.( I think it look better agianst all my front chrome) and top it off with a set of KC lights.

MH, I thought about getting the full guard too. But there is just something about the way the headlight cover looks that bugs me. If it had intrergrated tow hook/ or loops then I would have been sold for sure.
I was thinking the same thing when I bought my brush guard. I hated the headlamp covers. I was orignally just going to leave them off. (They bolt onto the sides of the main bars). But I put them on just to see what it looked like and I ended up liking it. I would suggest checking one out in person and then you can get a better feel for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought Hunter bull bar off of ebay two months ago, for my 2005 4x4 Titan. H
had to make a little modification in order to keep the skid plate, but nothing major. Looks good and the lights hide the bottom bumber opening that exposes the fan.. For the price, it's fine. You do have to give up the tow hooks though...

·
Super Moderator
93,713 Posts
I wouldn't recommend them for a 4x4, difficult to re-attach the factory skid plate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have the black on a 4x2---install ok---wear&quality good---22k miles

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
You mean this one?

Here's one on a member's truck. That's blavis' truck.

View attachment 48714

One word of note: This fits on the 2WD and 4WD just fine, but the factory 4WD skid plate is a problem with the mounts. No prob with the 2WD w/o skidplate, though. IMO, the mounts on this bar are not nearly as HD as the Westin or Aries. But then, it's not good for anything but for show and to mount lights, so it's probably ok.
Wow! That is a sweet Titan:lol:

If you want a Bullbar and don't break the bank, it will do. Had I not gotten such a great deal, I would have gone with a Westin or Aries.:D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Do you lose the tow hooks with all Bull Bars or just the hunter? I so, I guess I won't be getting one for me.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
all torque said:
Do you lose the tow hooks with all Bull Bars or just the hunter? I so, I guess I won't be getting one for me.
ALL bullbars require the removal of the tow hooks. Both won't fit through the hole in the bumper.

The only exception are some of the lightbars or grille guards (not really bullbars, by definition) that you mount via holes you have to drill in the bumper itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not recommand you buy a Hunter guard. I bought mine last year from Hunter in TX. When the guard arrived, it look really good. Installation was not so easy. The intruction they provided was trash. However, I did get the guard installed after many hours of messing around.
Now, the guard has a lot of problems. The surface started to rust after a few months and the welds came off now. I contacted Hunter for warranty but they just did not want to help me.
I'm stuck with a junk Hunter guard and I would never buy anything from them again!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I am going to have to recant my earlier statement of this thing not being junk. Its junk. I broke both of the upper support bars this weekend. They are pretty flimsy. but I would expect them to bend before they actually broke.

I guess it would be good for someone looking for cosmetics, but definately isnt good in the off road section. Im going to have to build some new upper supports that are a lot stronger now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MrHunter602 said:
Well I am going to have to recant my earlier statement of this thing not being junk. Its junk. I broke both of the upper support bars this weekend. They are pretty flimsy. but I would expect them to bend before they actually broke.

I guess it would be good for someone looking for cosmetics, but definately isnt good in the off road section. Im going to have to build some new upper supports that are a lot stronger now.
That sucks! I would even bother trying to weld them. The bar came with a "'Lifetime Warranty" I would give them a call first.:cheers:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was thinking about that. But then it will probably just end up breaking again, and I dont want to continually go through the aggrivation of that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts