Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Nissan Titan SE

I have HVAC heater/blower motor issues, on and off, for the last couple of months.

These are the scenarios.

1. the blower motor will not turn on at all.
  2. If you play with the HVAC knobs for a bit, it might start blowing. Only 10 percent of the time are you successful starting the blower motor.
  3. It will start instantly when you want it to, and about 10 minutes into your drive, it shuts off.

Over the past 6 months, I have started to eliminate items which might be the culprit.

1. I replaced the blower motor, with a brand new unit.
  2. I replaced the heater resistor, twice, with brand new units. It worked for a couple of months, then the symptoms came back.
  3. I have checked all fuses.

The heater inlet hose control valve crapped out a couple of years ago. I bypassed it with a coupler and two hose clamps, as I didn’t want to spend the funds to replace it. I’m starting to wonder that because I bypassed it, and now have to turn the hvac on and off all the time (as there is no variable temperature control in the cabin, just heat, or no heat), that It keeps overloading and killing the relays for the blower motor.

Has anyone ran into a scenario like this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
2010 Titan Pro 4X

YES _ YES _ YES!!!!

I have a 2010 Titan and I am having the same issue. The first issue I had was that my blower motor just stayed on high as soon as I turned the key on. I have replaced the resister (1) it worked one time then quit. Now no fan at all. Because I was on the road I could do nothing until I had returned home. I had read that the old fan could be causing the resister to burn out so, once home, I ordered a new fan. The fan works (when I applied 12v to test) but the resistors (1st and 2nd replacements) did not. I ordered another resistor (3) from Nissan thinking maybe it was that I was just purchasing aftermarket junk, but today, the 3rd replacement resistor blower came on but control knob was set to off!!!!! I immediately turned the key off in hopes that I do not blow yet another resistor.

I am now looking for information on how to go about testing my in dash control panel.

Any help (other than suggesting I just replace the "Blower Motor Resistor" would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Titan Swap
51 Posts
I'd go to a junk yard and pull the actual switch unit from another the dash of another truck and test that. not common, but i've seen them fail in xterra / frontier so I'm sure that issue leapt over to the titan as well.

I am now looking for information on how to go about testing my in dash control panel.
or do this. the FSM should have the appropriate method for testing it in the HAC section.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd go to a junk yard and pull the actual switch unit from another the dash of another truck and test that. not common, but i've seen them fail in xterra / frontier so I'm sure that issue leapt over to the titan as well.

or do this. the FSM should have the appropriate method for testing it in the HAC section.
Sorry, What is FSM? thanks

Found answer to my above question -

Factory Service Manuals - https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual?fsm=Titan%2F2010%2FHAC.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts