Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaned the interior filter and put them back in and now I am getting a ticking/clicking sound coming from the glove box area. It's not an issue with the vents and it only happens when the HVAC fan is on, at all different speeds.

I pulled the filters out again and checked and stuck my hand into the thing below the filters and couldn't feel anything stuck in there.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cleaned the interior filter and put them back in and now I am getting a ticking/clicking sound coming from the glove box area. It's not an issue with the vents and it only happens when the HVAC fan is on, at all different speeds.

I pulled the filters out again and checked and stuck my hand into the thing below the filters and couldn't feel anything stuck in there.

Any suggestions?
Remove the blower motor and check the housing for debris that may have fell when you replaced the micro-filter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
how so? The last thing I want to do is take it to the dealership.
LOL it was a joke. ruquik said:

it sounds like a mode door acuator
He's in Roanoke and you're in Northern VA and if he can hear it from where he is...

Anyways back to your problem. If the ticking is momentary, it may be a mode door or mix door binding/sticking. If you hear continuous ticking while the blower fan is on and consistent with fan speed, you have debris in the blower housing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got it.

It's continuous ticking. Is it easy to drop the blower housing or is it going to require taking apart half the dash?

·
Registered
33 Posts
unplug your blower motor and se if the noise is still there, if it IS its a mode door acuator. nothing should have got past the incabin filter unless something has ate a hole threw it or something was on top of the filter and when you removed it it got knocked down into the blower motor cage.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
not to bring this thread back from the dead or anything.. but i'm having the same problem. dropped my motor out, turned it on, sound is def coming from inside the motor or something. took the motor out of the plastic housing (remove one torqx head screw) and it still makes the sound when i hold it in my hand and let it spin. this mean I need to invest in a new motor?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Similar problem.

When my truck shuts off (right now having problems with that..but different story) about 2 minutes go by and it has that sound where the vents close? I'm not sure if that is what happens. I owned an 05 off road Xterra and it did the same thing. I assume it does it on every nissan.

Anyways, now when it is time for the vents to close (if that's what it is) it clicks/ticks between 5-25 times before stopping. Sometimes it will do that when switching to defrost or a different setting for the fan, but it always does it when shutting the truck off.

I wish I was the one offering solutions and not tacking on more problems.
Hope we all can figure out what the hell is going on.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
yea the few times ive had to sleep in my truck (parties etc..) ive heard those vents close after turning the key off.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a 2010 PRO-4X...

It clicks rather loud for a few seconds when I change the blower speed. Took it in to the dealer and it's the acuator, covered under warranty.

JG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts