Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I was curious to know if anybody has ever heard of/seen, or knows if a 2010 Titan pro 4X can be converted to a plug in hybrid or a full electric conversion? I can't seem to dig anything up on them thar interwebs...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or you could just hold out for the 2022 F-150 Lightning. Probably cost less that the fabrication on the 12 year old Titan and be more reliable, what with a warranty and all...
Lol, yes I could. However, said and done, that thing is like 70,000 at least. Was looking for something between the 10-20 thousand mark. Or cheaper if that's a thing, but probably not...😆

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nah, converting old vehicles to electric would be too efficient use of resources. If were going to save the planet we have to let these V-8s rumble for another 10 years.
It could be a fun project but to do it right It would take A LOT. First thing that comes to mind is about aerodynamics...There aren't any on these trucks. The second is battery weight. The E-F150 is 6,500 pounds. That thing is aluminum. If its still going to be able to haul or tow anything were going to have to beef up everything. If its going to stop we need more brakes. On the other hand Hybrid may be somewhat more achievable. Is RAM still doing E-Torque? I do wonder if electrifying older cars will be a growing industry in years to come or will we see some massive government "cash for burners" program.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts