Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, i just programmed in the max energy tuner. used premium tune, 0-60 limiter off, restriction on the speed, off. now the last asked about something with the RPM -500, +500.

What experiences have you guys had with the tuner? did you run your own 0-60. it seems like it really has a kick in the pants. I have a Brute force, stillen-b-pipes, stillen exhaust.

I have not plugged in to the web to see about updates, but has anybody updated the unit? Can it compensate for the headers and more flow like Cams, etc?

better fuel economy on highway?

thanks for any experiences with the unit.

chris

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I don't have the Hypertech but i will tell you don't fool with the RPM. Its more than likely your rev limiter or idle RPM's. Leave them both stock. I have the Superchips Cortex and yes when installed its night/day over stock.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, It might be the rev limiter. yeah not fooling with that one.

I am going to ask hypertech on their explanation on how they tune the ECU and what the programmer actually does, because you really don't know what is going on with a few push of the buttons.

the nice thing is that this is code reader also. i'll post their response

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
423 Posts
guys, i just programmed in the max energy tuner. used premium tune, 0-60 limiter off, restriction on the speed, off. now the last asked about something with the RPM -500, +500.

What experiences have you guys had with the tuner? did you run your own 0-60. it seems like it really has a kick in the pants. I have a Brute force, stillen-b-pipes, stillen exhaust.

I have not plugged in to the web to see about updates, but has anybody updated the unit? Can it compensate for the headers and more flow like Cams, etc?

chris
On mine, the top speed setting only goes up to 118mph...does your allow you to completely remove the limiter?

I wouldn't mess with the rev limiter, doesn't do any good anyway...just leave it stock.

A video of my 0-60 is in my sig below...about 6 seconds flat.

Mine was updated a few weeks ago, nothing ever changes that I can see...I've updated it a few times.

It does nothing for headers, cams, or anything like that...as far as I know, none of the handheld tuners are good for that..only uprev.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

chris
Chris,

The Rev Limiter function is to lower your factory Rev Limit so that you will not over Rev your engine. For example, you have a young driver and you want to make sure they do not damage the engine, you can lower the stock limit. If you have any other questions post them here or PM me.

Sean

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good luck with the tuner! I have mine set to premium with WOT restriction removed. I didn't notice any improvement in day to day fuel economy but work pays for most of my gas so let's just say I drive with heavy foot! I did defintely notice more power AND better fuel economy when towing my 4000lb travel trailer.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wonder if they can program in headers some day. they say its internet updatable. I would assume this could be like the Uprev custom tuning. I think that they should do this for people with Cams, turbos, headers, intakes, etc.

maybe we can petition Hypertech to do this. really, headers are mostly the same, but if someone donates their truck with a CAI and Headers, maybe they will give us a general tune.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I just wonder if they can program in headers some day. they say its internet updatable. I would assume this could be like the Uprev custom tuning. I think that they should do this for people with Cams, turbos, headers, intakes, etc.

maybe we can petition Hypertech to do this. really, headers are mostly the same, but if someone donates their truck with a CAI and Headers, maybe they will give us a general tune.

Chris
Sounds like you really want an Uprev Osiris Tuner. I had the Hypertech. I kind of miss it because I was getting 1 mpg better with the Hypertech tune than I am with the BDGT. It is really easy to update. Just go to their website and download the file. Also, they respond pretty fast to questions.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought of that, but you really need to buy that most expensive unit to get all the custom programming. I just wanted something to upgrade when I get the headers. maybe the programming with the hypertech will sense in the increased airflow and push more fuel into the maps. I don't know how they do any of the tuning, but it would be nice if they could program that as an upgrade.

Chris

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris,

The Rev Limiter function is to lower your factory Rev Limit so that you will not over Rev your engine. For example, you have a young driver and you want to make sure they do not damage the engine, you can lower the stock limit. If you have any other questions post them here or PM me.

Sean
ok, that explains that. Now, any chance that you guys will ever think about custom programs with customers with headers and intakes? I know with all the products on the market, it would be hard to some up with a ton of tunes for various products and combos, but is there something that you can program in to force the stock computer to recognize increased airflow? most of the intakes are about the same relatively. the headers produce close results in general.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
ok, that explains that. Now, any chance that you guys will ever think about custom programs with customers with headers and intakes? I know with all the products on the market, it would be hard to some up with a ton of tunes for various products and combos, but is there something that you can program in to force the stock computer to recognize increased airflow? most of the intakes are about the same relatively. the headers produce close results in general.
I won't say its impossible, but we usually do not provide custom tuning options. We do offer some CAI tuning when the vehicle requires it (we offer this currently for the Mustang and Mazda Speed). In the future we may offer header options for certain vehicles where the increased air makes a significant change.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looking to buy this tuner soon. Mainly curious about mileage performance. Are you getting any better gas mileage now that you have noticed? I dont drive with a heavy foot for that matter. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like you really want an Uprev Osiris Tuner. I had the Hypertech. I kind of miss it because I was getting 1 mpg better with the Hypertech tune than I am with the BDGT. It is really easy to update. Just go to their website and download the file. Also, they respond pretty fast to questions.
Good info. I'm looking into a tuner for my 04 and it sounds like none of the BDGT tuners work for it and I'm seeing this one. Honestly my main concern is wanting to improve fuel economy. Would you say the Hypertech is worth it for that purpose?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts