Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 07 Titan used, and 4900 for the truck with only 123,000 miles sounded liked a steal, but I’ve learned otherwise.

I was switching the wheels out because the original ones had issues to say the least, and the front tires had stock lug nuts, the rear tires has a mix of stock, aftermarket, and regular nuts, which I assume had loctite put on them because breaker bar + cheater bar wasn’t enough and neither was my impact wrench.

Anyone have a solution to the issue? I mean aside from getting a newerish vehicle.

·
Premium Member
68,637 Posts
Get a hammer and chisel and get busy. Split the nut.

·
Premium Member
68,637 Posts
You're still gonna have to get it off either way.

·
Premium Member
19,568 Posts
It may not be Loctite. If someone cross threaded the lug nut onto the stud and then used an impact wrench to tighten it up then it's on there good and tight. No matter what method you use to remove it, the stud it likely damaged and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It may not be Loctite. If someone cross threaded the lug nut onto the stud and then used an impact wrench to tighten it up then it's on there good and tight. No matter what method you use to remove it, the stud it likely damaged and needs to be replaced.
Yes but the studs are easy to replace once you get the tire off. Had my son's vo-tech class do my brakes back in 2012 and had to replace 3 studs at that time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I bought my 07 Titan used, and 4900 for the truck with only 123,000 miles sounded liked a steal, but I’ve learned otherwise.

I was switching the wheels out because the original ones had issues to say the least, and the front tires had stock lug nuts, the rear tires has a mix of stock, aftermarket, and regular nuts, which I assume had loctite put on them because breaker bar + cheater bar wasn’t enough and neither was my impact wrench.

Anyone have a solution to the issue? I mean aside from getting a newerish vehicle. View attachment 541894
View attachment 541895
Maybe need a more powerful impact and or more air pressure. Let it soak with some PB Blaster plus a long pipe on a breaker bar ,you will find out how good your breaker bar is ; ) Good luck !

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had the same issue twice, both caused by the shop cross threading and using an impact. I ended up just twisting them off and replacing them. I bought extra studs for future use while I was at the store. Beware that the front studs are different than the rear. (At least that is what the parts guy said). Very easy to change out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you haven't fixed it yet. Just use a breaker bar with a pipe for leverage and just break the damn things off. Then replace the studs and when you put new ones on use anti-seeze lubricant. Its the gray paste like stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts