Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three amazing years of Titan ownership I traded it in for a 2008 Frontier Crew Cab LE long bed. I still needed a truck but was getting tired of putting gas in it as often as I needed it which had become more than once a week. My Titan had the brake fix as it's only needed repair in the 54,000 miles I had it. Prior to the Titan I already had a 2000 and a 2002 Frontier Crew Cab. This body style is a bit larger than the first generation crew cab, now they classify it as a mid size compared to a compact pickup. I can sit in the back seat comfortably. I only got $20,000 for the trade because I was 20,000 miles above where I should be for it's age and the rebates hurt resale also.
Everyone in here has always been very helpful when needed and I hope to still be welcome to come and post here. I bought the truck yesterday afternoon and only put 100 miles on it so far. Since I also own a 2007 Pathfinder I knew I'd be comfortable owning and driving the Frontier. So far the gas gauge is moving way slower than it would in the Titan in miles covered. My friend is the general manager where I bought the truck and I know I was treated well.
So thank you to everyone for all your advice and help and good luck with your Titans.

Clint

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Thanks Clint! Good luck with your new truck! Gotta go with what serves your needs at the time! Stick around though.... Plenty of good peops and info on here! Glad you kept it in the family! Those Frontys are sweet! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blackbeauty said:
Thanks Clint! Good luck with your new truck! Gotta go with what serves your needs at the time! Stick around though.... Plenty of good peops and info on here! Glad you kept it in the family! Those Frontys are sweet! :thumbsup:
This truck is my 5th Nissan pickup, I had a hardbody too, 13th Nissan total so it's Nissan or nothing for me . Can we say I'm brand loyal? LOL
I'm still amazed every time I see your post count total.

Clint

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
You are always welcome here. I didn't think the frontiers got much more mpg than the titans. Hope it works out for you. I bought a used saturn a while back for going back and forth to work. I get around 37mpg with it. I haven't put gas in my titan in over 2 months. Just using it to go out, and goof off in.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I'd say you're loyal! 13 Nissans?!?!? Well good luck with this "lucky" one! :lol:

Oh, that silly number under my username? Hardly even notice... I'm not here that much..... I'll try harder! :D

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I'd say you're loyal! 13 Nissans?!?!? Well good luck with this "lucky" one! :lol:

Oh, that silly number under my username? Hardly even notice... I'm not here that much..... I'll try harder! :D
Welcome BacK BB! Feel free to come back when you can't stay as long.:lol:

Best of luck with the new Fronty Clint. Keep us posted on how she treats you.:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry to see you go but it's understandable about how much gas we put in our trucks especially when your right foot get's heavy sometimes. I am thinking of getting another car to drive around with but staying loyal to Nissan. I know my wife wants her own car. Maybe after I get back from my deployment.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pogi69x said:
Sorry to see you go but it's understandable about how much gas we put in our trucks especially when your right foot get's heavy sometimes. I am thinking of getting another car to drive around with but staying loyal to Nissan. I know my wife wants her own car. Maybe after I get back from my deployment.
Thank you for your service and keeping us safe!

Clint

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Congrats on the new truck!! The wife has an 05 Xterra which as you know shares the same engine as the Frontier and it has all kinds of power.

I personally love the looks of the new Fronty, if I didn't need my Titan to pull my travel trailer I woul probably be driving a Frontier myself.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Nicetruck the Fronty I had a 2000 Fronty ended up giving it to my brother that truck is rock solid the 4 banger won't quit. Please keep us updated on your progress on the Fronty as you put more miles on her. Good luck to ya:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Elias60 said:
Nicetruck the Fronty I had a 2000 Fronty ended up giving it to my brother that truck is rock solid the 4 banger won't quit. Please keep us updated on your progress on the Fronty as you put more miles on her. Good luck to ya:cheers:
So far I put a whole whopping 200 miles on her and think she'll last a bit longer. What I find odd is the Titan runs on 87 octane as the manual states and the Frontier manual states premium.

Clint

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Clint said:
So far I put a whole whopping 200 miles on her and think she'll last a bit longer. What I find odd is the Titan runs on 87 octane as the manual states and the Frontier manual states premium.

Clint
Wow !!!!!!!!
That really puts a hurtin on the fuel economy equation......:(

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Clint said:

Clint
I'm sure it's just like my wifes Quest with the VQ motor. Hers claims you can use 87 but for best performance, use 91 octane (premium). Maximas say that also.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We've run our Pathfinder on regular since new (one year) and never had a ping from under the hood. It actually runs great that way. We asked the dealer and was told it's fine. He said the Pathfinder has a premium required sticker on the fuel door and no sticker on the Frontier which he found odd because they are the same truck.

Clint

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Good luck Clint with your new baby titan :upsidedow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts