Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend is a die hard Ford truck fan. He currently drives an '86 Bronco beater truck. He really wants a full size truck to haul his trailer with and has been trying to decide for months whether to drop a crate motor in his Bronco and do some other work on it (220k miles) or to buy a full size. He is seriously considering an F250...

Anyway, he kept telling me over and over before I bought the Titan to buy an F150. I heard a number of reasons from him. (He's an engineer, VERY intelligent, and has owned a number of different brand vehicles, so he's not one of those brand loyal "what my daddy owned - piss on Chevy - NASCAR addict" morons.

When I bought my Titan, he came over that night and the first thing I heard was, "Tisk, tisk... Man, you should have bought an F150. You KNOW how Japanese trucks are, especially suspension wise. Look at the Tundra. Underpowered and you need to beef up the rear suspension to haul or tow pretty much ANYTHING." I threw him the keys and told him to get in. 5 minutes later he said, "Wow. WOW... Nissan did GOOD!" He already liked the Titan at that point.

Every time he's seen my Titan since, he likes it more and more. He RAVES about the utility bed.

Yesterday he helped me haul everything out of my girlfriend's condo. We loaded up the back of the Titan with (guessing) 500 lbs. I was driving and my girlfriend, my friend, and his dog were passengers. We loaded up his trailer with what I am guessing to be about 1500 lbs of stuff. His trailer weighs 1100. The Titan could care less that it was back there, it was carrying a load. We got out on the highway, was following someone too slow, I passed them. Acceleration was NOT a problem. He just started laughing and then he said the magic phrase.

"WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY ANYTHING ELSE RIGHT NOW?!!! This thing is AWESOME!!!!"

My little Titan converted someone from the dark side. :jester:

If my friend could afford a new truck, I know he'd be buying a Titan this week. Now he said he's thinking of rebuilding his Bronco and in two or three years buying a Titan when he can find them on the used lots. :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Great to hear that you "Titanized" someone....I have just recently done that with a friend has always hated Japanese vehicles and said that the only company you should buy from is Chevy.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Everyone I've shown the Titan to has genuinely flipped out over it...and a little spin in it really is a revelation to them! :upsidedow There's something new, wild, and fun on the roads of America! :cheers:

·
Registered
120 Posts
My uncle drives a 03 Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat loaded. He seen my truck and wants to go to the dealership on monday wants a LE CC Loaded now haha I Love this truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts