Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and traded the truck in and pleased so far. The only issue I found was the on/off/door slide switch for the rear lights is missing and no biggie to correct.
There are two minor things I noticed is after having to give up my factory leather sweats the Mrs pointed out that her seat is no longer power and I noticed that they cheaped out and removed two of the 4 lights in the bed under the rails.
As far as ride and comfort it’s still an absolute pleasure to drive and may even ride better than the last one.
I got just over $5000 off the sticker and 0% financing so I’m very pleased. Whoever buys my 2018 will be getting a very reliable truck, it never needed to go in for service.

Clint

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top of my list is with all the issues some here had with their engines I felt I could eliminate any potential impending problem. I was already at 62,000 miles in two years I figured I wipe out my warranty in not much more than three years so I’d be on the hook for any major repair bills then. I’m planning to retire and pull an RV for at least a full year if not two and with no warranty I’d be a bit uneasy.
You’re correct both trucks are very similar.
I gained 9 speed trans, all the safety electronics, new radio with car play etc and much larger camera monitor too. The tailgate locks with the doors and there is a bumper step for easier entry into the bed.
Just the fact I cancelled the last loan and have no interest to pay now was a big savings.
Did I need to do this, no it was based on a want now I have to hope it’s as reliable as the other one.
Your question is a good and valid one.

Clint

Reactions: Nick741 and Pro4x20

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The upgrades are worth it.. Looks like I will be doing the same..
The Mrs thinks I’m nuts for doing it but since I pay for everything, the nut rules,😂

Clint

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm thinking the same Clint, how bad did they beat you on your trade -in? I really don't want a 9 speed, no need for it, and I already have better headlights than the 2020 models, or just about any car out their (LOL). But the motor issue does bother me. Plus , I don't want another freaking silver/gray truck!

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I took these when I stopped to get something, not the best pictures. First mod will be tints and I have the step rails here ready to go on.
It’s my first white pickup, truck number 13 I believe.

Clint

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congratulations Clint. Nice, elegant truck. Do you have the 360 view monitor, and how did you get the towing mirrors (towing package or a la carte)?

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No 360 view and mirrors came with the towing package.

Clint

Reactions: aba4430

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nice truck Clint! White is the best...everything pops (tint, wheels, etc) easy to clean and buff,.you'll love it

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking the same Clint, how bad did they beat you on your trade -in? I really don't want a 9 speed, no need for it, and I already have better headlights than the 2020 models, or just about any car out their (LOL). But the motor issue does bother me. Plus , I don't want another freaking silver/gray truck!
I got $26,750 for the last one which for 52,000miles and them being unsure due to covid and the sales of these at auctions I took it.

Clint

Reactions: Skincannon

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
My truck ran beautifully, occasionally when next to the house I thought I might have heard something but pretty sure I was imagining it, all the posts here are having us hearing things.
The truck was built the end of January so I’d sure hope they figured it all out before this engine was built.
I guess I have all of you to either thank or blame for buying this new one. 🤔

Clint

Reactions: Tristan Downey

·
Registered
189 Posts
Decent deal Clint, I'm looking at a Pro 4X KC, I canned the Plat. model. Gotta have a 6.5 bed. The only bad thing it's that light turd brown color. but I keep a eye out for "oddball" trucks, you can get great deals on them. I may hang onto mine until 60k miles, no problems at all with mine either.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Those wheels look great with a white truck!

@Skincannon not to hijack the thread but what headlights do you have?
I bought some 55W, 8000LM, 6000K white bulbs for mine over a year ago, Jesus these are bright! My seller I bought them from is now gone on e-bay. Any 55w can bus bulbs will work, mine almost outshine my high beams.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts