Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the daystar lift on my LE 4x4. It is all fine. there is a little noise that I cant figure out as everything is tight but it sound like a quiet rattle when I hit bumps. Anyone know what that could be? Can the top of the strut be put back wrong? I'm not sure. But as for the CV shafts there is no stretching or splitting boots. Does it matter which 3 bolts go into which holes?

·
Registered
25 Posts
1BadTitan said:
I installed the daystar lift on my LE 4x4. It is all fine. there is a little noise that I cant figure out as everything is tight but it sound like a quiet rattle when I hit bumps. Anyone know what that could be? Can the top of the strut be put back wrong? I'm not sure. But as for the CV shafts there is no stretching or splitting boots. Does it matter which 3 bolts go into which holes?

Did you install it yourself? If so, what tools were invovled and how long did it take you? I got my 4X4 this weekend and asked the service mgr. if he thought the kit would cause any damage. He said no he does not see any problem with a 2.5 inch lift, just to make sure you have it re-alligned. He also said these trucks have to be adjusted on top and bottom when re-alligning?????

Please post pics of your Titan lifted. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
id recheck all parts again and also see if anythings rubbing or in a bind. your springs are seated correctly right? were there any notchs or markings on the strut mounting block or upper plate? someone with a manual could tell you for sure, im sure sumone here has it or you could dl it for around 20$.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bighawaii said:
id recheck all parts again and also see if anythings rubbing or in a bind. your springs are seated correctly right? were there any notchs or markings on the strut mounting block or upper plate? someone with a manual could tell you for sure, im sure sumone here has it or you could dl it for around 20$.
There is a punced hole about 1/4" round on the top of the spring plate and also one on the front of the upper control arm, I lined those up like I thought it should be, nothing is bound up and everything feel fine and looks good, just that damn rattle. Yea the springs are seated right, I worked on imports for a little over 7 years and the strut assy's are pretty much the same, but I cant figure out why this is doing it. And yes, I installed it myself, took about 3 hours, my impact gun took a s#it and I had to stop and go get a new one. So probably like 2 hours.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1BadTitan said:
The reason it sounds like blown struts is because they are. Beware of daystar, They over-extend the rancho struts.

Did the daystar lift mess up your truck???

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it did, it over-extended my struts and caused them to "top" out too much, and finally blew them. They knock and rattle on every slightest bump I hit.

·
Registered
727 Posts
1BadTitan said:
Anyone know about how much the front rancho's are gonna cost me?
1BadTitan,
Seems to me before you pick up the cost yourself you should take issue with Daystar directly & see if they can remedy, replace or offer. If the product directly caused your problem & you can back it up, I would give them a chance to correct the situation or @ least meet you part way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Same problems I had with my tundra when I installed daystar. Bottom outs, upper control arm hitting the coils, leaky cv's( not torn), squeegy noises. Couldn't take it any more after a year of use and took them off. But the AAL's were good.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
ricqik said:
Same problems I had with my tundra when I installed daystar. Bottom outs, upper control arm hitting the coils, leaky cv's( not torn), squeegy noises. Couldn't take it any more after a year of use and took them off. But the AAL's were good.
Just out of curiousity, what are AAL's?

·
Registered
82 Posts
AAL=Add-A-Leaf, an extra leaf spring.

It doesn't improve carrying capacity, just reduce the amount of sag with a heavy load, improve handling to a certain degree.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
ricqik said:
Add-a-leafs, an extra leaf spring. It doesn't improve carrying capacity, just reduce the amount of sag with a heavy load.
Ah yes. I knew what add-a-leafs are, just haven't ever seen the acronym. Had a pair installed on my old truck, but they were far too rigid and actually caused my blocks to crack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, I guess I just found my answer to a question I've been having for a while. I have the daystar kit and it's rattling all over the place. How did you find out about the struts? The box where I kept the OEM parts is missing 2 of the factory bolts (I guess they fell out somewhere). If I want to switch to antoher manufacturer for the 2.5 lift, will it switch out w/out any probs? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea I kept the daystar bolts in the strut plate when I installed the PRG kit. But I also swappd out the Daystar bolts for Grade 8 hardware before I even installed the daystar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i know exactly what it is making all that noise, i had the same problem. it is your uper control arm hitting the protector around the top of the coil spring.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts